Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.About The Role
The Commercial Revenue team is the Go To Market arm of Shopify and aims to Amplify Product, and comprises Sales, Product Marketing, Merchant Acceleration and Go to Market Operations (GTM Ops). At the core of GTM Ops is Global Revenue Operations. The aim of Global Revenue Operations is to: build the best in class processes, analytics and tooling to maximize Shopify's merchant experience and revenue potential.
As the Revenue Operations Lead, you will be a fundamental thought partner for Revenue leaders. You will lead all internal processes and operational activities, in order to maximize the Revenue leaders time in the field, to support revenue growth and development of their broader teams. As a business advisor to Revenue leadership, you will cover core areas such as establishing cadences to report on performance and trends, developing cross functional operating models, support planning activities and work cross-functionally across the organization on initiatives to increase productivity and effectiveness.Responsibilities
- Serve as the trusted advisor and thought partner to our various Global Teams such as Global Solutions Engineering, Global Launch Engineering and Global Sales as those teams need to leverage your expertise.
- Provide analytical thought leadership, create meaningful business insights, establish strategic operational priorities, and develop and allocate key performance metrics
- Act as the voice of field on major initiatives and working closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate effective deployment of resources, impactful programs and process/tools that remove friction in the sales process
- Engage in ad hoc analysis to understand business performance/user metrics and KPIs
- Partner with Revenue leaders to be responsible for the day to day operational cadence of the business
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and works closely with sales and other management to inspect process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Drive & support planning efforts which may include: strategy, target setting, team structure and territory assignments.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
- Prior Experience (5+ years) in SaaS or eCommerce technology, supporting a Revenue organization
- Prior experience (5+ years) supporting Senior Revenue leaders or Customer Success Leaders in driving their organization’s success through performance measurement, team design and operational effectiveness
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence peers to achieve the desired results
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate meetings/conversations
- Strong collaboration skills including listening and facilitation skills with the ability to work with various functional teams
- Continuous improvement and problem-solving mindset, highly adaptable to changing priorities
- Learning agility. Strong analytical and diagnostic skills in dealing with opportunities and issues
- Salesforce (reporting, dashboards, etc.) and SQL experience preferred
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.