Join our team to support our Global Sales team in ensuring the smooth operation of the AspenTech business! As a Deal Desk Analyst, you will provide best-in-class deal management support to Aftermarket Field Sales, Inside Sales, and local regional sales teams.
Working out of our Reading office, you will act as an extension of the sales teams helping them to achieve their quarterly sales objectives by providing management and streamlining of the internal sales operations process. You’ll also be responsible for providing support during the quote to contract process.
- Creating quotes from Account Managers and Project Managers: ensuring the scope and pricing has received necessary approvals, and that the quote meets standard quality guidelines.
- Processing accepted quotes to deliver a package of information for our Project Delivery team to use to guide the delivery of the project.
- Administration of the Authorization and Approvals policy (A&A policy) involving analysis of pricing and deal structure elements, coordinating the approval process by obtaining approvals per policy, and ensuring compliance to both process and policy.
- Train sales account managers on the sales support process to ensure sales teams are aware of the information required when submitting their quote requests (completed technical evaluation, approved pricing, etc).
- Serve as subject-matter expert for the quote to contract process. This includes, but is not limited to, creating/delivering training to the Account Managers and Project Managers, creating/implementing tools to support the quote to contract process, strong working knowledge of the A&A policy and implementation, and working knowledge of deal structure and deal quality.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and provide solutions. Implement solutions and contribute to cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Participate in a consultative manner for special projects that require subject-matter expert, as assigned by the Deal Desk Management.
- Act as the primary lead from a Deal Desk perspective on any User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide high-level information through reports to Executive Management as well as various other departments, to aid in information gathering for different initiatives.
- Previous customer service or sales operations experience required.
- Microsoft Office product experience required, and Salesforce, JIRA system experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent administrative, organization, and interpersonal skills; and strong superior oral and written communication skills, including high-level technical information.