Please ensure sure your internet browser is updated to the latest version. Candidates have experienced issues with submitting applications from older browser versions.
Supply Chain/Sales Ops
Regional Operations Manager
Limited to no travel
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
Responsible for the daily management of warehouse operations and equipment services staff, the execution of replenishment, receiving and inventory transactions, in addition to providing and overseeing daily customer service to the sales organization.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Plans and assigns work assignments for warehouse and field service staff, ensures all tools and resources are available, properly working and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates and communicates the back haul of products and equipment to sales locations, plant and distribution center.
- Identify and standardize processes to improve operation efficiency; utilize lean tools: 5S, Gemba walks and stand in the circle to promote continuous improvement activity. Lead and manage special projects.
- Plans layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Oversees daily processing of transactions for receipt, transfer and issue of product and equipment. Ensures quality checks are in place for all inbound and outbound activity.
- Maintain and analyze scorecards of key performance metrics. Make data-based decisions that result in performance that meets the business objectives and goals.
- Analyze reports and recommend action steps for non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Review and evaluate inventory reports for alignment with inventory goals, service level gaps and corrective actions needed.
- Conducts business planning meetings (SMART) with Sales Management to identify increased or decreased product forecasting, new accounts, equipment and service needs or gaps and fulfilment levels.
- Utilizes sound judgment and works in concert with the location Area Sales Manager to establish café’ equipment par levels.
- Coordinates activities of field service technicians to complete installs, repairs, and preventative maintenance in timely manner.
- Provide training to field service technicians as needed.
- Assist with service calls, installations and PM’s as needed.
- Orders café’ equipment, café’ parts and non-serialized equipment in a manner to minimize impact to expenses while maximizing sales support.
- Assist in the creation of annual budgets, manage budget, and submits monthly reporting.
- Ensures security measures are in place for the securing of company assets.
- Enforces company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates. Prepares and reviews accident reports, enforces safety regulations, and suggests safety improvements. Schedules and conducts monthly safety meetings.
- Schedules special and periodic inventories to include cycle counts, truck inventories and upon request by SKU or category.
- Perform root-cause analysis for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends to management actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Backup other warehouse managers and assist with inspection audits for other locations.
- Perform additional tasks as directed and needed.
Sales Operations Manager job titles will vary based on an objective assessment of the individual sales location’s complexity as defined by the following criteria:
- Total Fulfillment Units (including Distributor Orders)
- Total Fulfillment Lines
- Location Revenue
- Complexity of Route Distribution Model (CSD/GSD/Presell/Distributors)
- Volume of Service Work Orders
- Supervision of Field Service Technicians
- Total number of manned or unmanned locations supervised
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university preferred
- Five or more years of related experience and/or training with warehouse management, inventory management, warehouse and sales distribution processes and service department operations
- Experience with Community Coffee, even if unrelated, may fulfill this requirement at the discretion of the hiring manager with approval from Human Resources.
- Valid driver's license. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) may be required.
- Forklift certification is required upon commencement of work.
- Ability to work with database inventory management software, handheld software, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Mechanical skills and ability to operate manual and industrial equipment such as an electric pallet jack, a gas operated forklift, and electric forklift.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance of lift or by two persons) and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds (with assistance of lift and by two persons).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Community Coffee Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee Company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, genetic information, uniformed service, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will also provide reasonable accommodations to allow an employee to perform the essential functions of a position, as required by applicable law. This application is considered current for sixty (60) days only. At the end of this period, if you are still interested in employment, it will be necessary for you to reapply by completing a new application.