The Purchase & Sales Department of J.P. Morgan Securities LLC. is responsible for balancing, reconciling and comparing every security trade that is processed by the JPMS LLC on behalf of affiliates, Firm customers, and the Introducing Brokers of Global Clearing Services. These transactions may be either "Dealer Trades" (trades balanced within JPMS LLC) or "Street trades" (transactions with other brokerage firms). The team supports every line of business which leverages JPMS LLC for settlement including Prime Brokerage, Asset Wealth Management and Equities Markets Trading. With a focus on control and risk aversion, you will monitor, analyze and process transactions utilizing our proprietary systems as well as vendor applications that are used industry wide
The Department's activities include, but are not limited to:
- Balancing and reconciling all transactions processed through JPMS LLC;
- Notifying Correspondents and trading desks of unmatched trades;
- Resolving all suspense account breaks;
- Monitoring open fail-to-receive/deliver items for valid comparisons;
- Reviewing rejected transactions;
- Assisting stakeholders in updating / correcting trades upon requests.
- Identification of thematic issues and suggestions for improvement
- Engagement with stakeholders to ensure new businesses and trade flows work properly for PnS
- Coordination with technology for both trade investigation and process improvements
- Able to build and maintain positive client relationships
- Strong analytical, technical & problem solving skills
- Effective, adaptable, & professional communication / interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, quality & accuracy
- Able to thrive in a high pressure, high volume, deadline driven environment
- Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity for improvement
- Open & receptive to feedback / coaching
- Accountable / reliable / committed
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of securities industry and back office operations (e.g. maturities, equities, fixed income, custody services, etc.)
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, control and efficiency
- Educated to a Degree Level
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans