Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Responsible and accountable for the strategic planning, leadership, ongoing continuous quality improvement, and financial strength stemming from revenue cycle operations for hospital and continuing care services across Nuvance Health (NH). The Revenue Cycle is a critical component of the overall financial performance, and it is essential that it operates with efficiency, effectiveness, and a track record of sustained positive patient experience and employee engagement. Maintaining an ongoing collaborative and cohesive effort to integrate front-to-back revenue cycle operations across the enterprise is essential and will require the highest level of professionalism. This role will provide oversight for Patient Access, HIM operations, CDI, Coding, Revenue Integrity, and Patient Financial Services. This role will also play a support role to the Managed Care department to assist with opportunity and/or issue identification as well as escalation to drive optimal payer performance. Provides leadership and oversight of key operational and financial decisions.
- Responsible for the management and direction of Revenue Cycle, HIM, CDI, Coding, Access, Revenue Integrity and Managed Care including development and execution on department and divisional strategies, personnel management, setting of department policies, goals, objectives, and preparation, administration, and control of departmental budgets.
- Development and execution on department and divisional strategies, personnel management, setting of department policies, goals, and objectives.
- Preparation, administration, and control of departmental budgets.
- Facilitates continuous improvement of financial performance, operations, and overall compliance with governmental regulatory and third party requirements.
- Creates long and short-term strategic objectives based on historical performance and expected future trends.
- Develops appropriate structures and meeting cadences to promote transparency, communicate KPI performance as well as build consensus around priorities for both Revenue Cycle and non-Revenue Cycle colleagues related to financial performance.
- Maintains knowledge of industry leading trends, issues and best practices through involvement in professional organizations and participation in educational events.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key leadership stakeholders including Clinical, IT, Compliance, HR, Operations, Legal, Finance to advance performance.
- Supports development of approaches to drive employee recruitment and retention for onsite, hybrid and remote colleagues and team members.
- Identifies, supports and pursues opportunities to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex business needs consistently utilizing “people, process, technology” framework.
- Exemplifies leadership role model behavior and sets the expectation for teamwork, collaboration, transparency within all disciplines and at all levels within the organization.
- Supports the development and execution of business to business and direct to consumer strategies.
- Supports the development of bundled pricing for center of excellence designation and business to business strategy.
- Supports the development of new and innovative payment structures, methodologies and P4P constructs that support the population health initiatives of CH and that maximize financial benefit while minimizing risk exposure.
- Maintains and Models Nuvance Health Values.
- Performs other duties as required.
Functional/Technical Skills Requirements:
- Health Care and HIT Expertise: Comprehensive understanding of operational health care delivery systems and the current health care landscape. Skills and experience with developing competitive business strategies for health care. Skills and experience with the operational aspects of health care technology deployment. Familiarity and comfort with technology-based operational improvement. Health care management or consulting experience preferred.
- Analytics and Strategy: Expertise in developing and executing data-driven approaches to enhancing business decision-making and improving operational performance (preferably in healthcare). Advanced knowledge of business intelligence best practices, familiarity with fact-based management tools and techniques to drive strategies and a continuous improvement culture.
- Communications: Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to take abstract, complex and/or technical information and break it down for a variety of audiences in a way that is meaningful for them.
- Functional Oversight: Issue identification, gap analysis, ability to prioritize business needs and execute solutions.
- Financial Management: Ability to understand financial reports, develop basic financial models, and identify trends, variances, and opportunities .
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least 15 years related experience. Payer and provider experience preferred. In depth knowledge of managed care concepts, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Requirements
- MS Excel and Presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker, goal oriented, ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Location: Summit-100 Reserve Rd
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: M - F
Org Unit: 1822
Department: Rev Cycle Admin
94.7600 - 175.9800
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.