The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will be responsible for the oversight of sales and strategic development to achieve business profitability and growth for a leading omni-channel performance marketing company.
Reporting into the CEO, the CCO will be responsible for implementing revenue strategies and objectives to maximize profitability and optimize results for our integrated AdTech and Media organization, to include substantive engagement in complementary areas beyond revenue, including business strategy, operational optimization and product development. Our candidate will manage a VP of Sales, VP of Strategy and VP of Marketing and the respective sub-teams to uncover and identify and resolve opportunities, challenges and objectives which help profitably scale the business.
The ideal candidate is excited by our company mission and a motivational people leader, a self-starter able to execute and implement change, a player-coach, who is strategic, highly analytical and metrics driven. Serving as a key member of the executive team, the CCO will be a significant contributor to our culture and will hold a crucial position in leadership.
- Define and execute a long-term strategy that ensures predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales results to meet company revenue growth targets
- Drive revenue growth through oversight of direct sales team i.e. accelerate growth through Upsell & Cross Sell objectives and maintain existing revenue through renewals and churn reduction
- Provide leadership and operational directive to teams responsible for revenue generation & execution: Sales, Marketing, Client Services and any applicable vendors while holding them accountable for results
- Inspire and drive performance of Sales team and all other revenue-driving teams to meet and/or exceed goals
- Responsible for all revenue generation processes and accountable for driving integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions
- Oversee sales organization by driving and overseeing process optimization, territory and quota development, revenue forecasting, sales compensation, and overall sales force success
- Support hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, career development, coaching and mentoring of the sales team as needed
- Partner with Marketing to develop and execute a multi-faceted brand building and lead generation strategy across web, social/digital, trade conferences, speaking events and other initiatives
- Instill a customer-centric culture across all the sales and revenue teams
- Provide strategic leadership to relevant teams, including directly the Technology Team, to develop short, medium and long-term planning around Partnerships, Tech Stack evolution and Product Development
- 10+ years of sales management experience with a progressive sales leadership role as VP or SVP of Sales within Advertising
- Proven track record in managing and growing $40M+ in revenue
- Proven success exceeding expectations in hitting revenue targets and retaining and growing customer relationships, within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Strong people leader skills; able to effectively hire, mentor, develop and lead a high-performing sales organization
- Experience evaluating new markets, channels and other strategic relationships and building and optimizing predictive revenue models
- Global experience to help drive international expansion preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree required, MBA a plus
Candidates must be located in Los Angeles or surrounding counties. There will be onsite presence required weekly, but majority of the role can be remote.