WHY JOIN MILESTONE
At Milestone, we aspire to advance and implement paradigm shifts for cardiac therapy. We are currently focusedon developing anti‐arrhythmia treatments for self‐administration outside of the emergency department or hospitalsetting for patients with acute episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) and atrial fibrillation(AFib), as well as other episodic cardiovascular conditions.
In addition to our science and innovation, we are a team guided and driven by our core values. Patient needs andempowerment are continually upheld as central to our mission. Our teamwork is strengthened in an environmentwhere we support and challenge each other while enjoying and celebrating our achievements. We maintain anentrepreneurial, proactive, and action‐oriented mindset that values grit, courage, and resolve.Decision‐making is based on evaluating information and an idea’s merits; data‐driven proposals aresupported and sought. We act individually and as a team with humility, candor, empathy, and unwaveringintegrity.
We have been successful in attracting and empowering best‐in‐class talent, and we seek those with a passion to joinon our journey to develop treatments and to motivate change. We are excited about the possibilities of this team andwhat we can accomplish together.
We seek a highly motivated, innovative leader to join us as a Director, Supply Chain Management as part of the Pharmaceutical Operations team at Milestone. Reporting to VP, CMC, the role is responsible for supporting Milestone’s first commercial product by working with the internal sales and marketing teams, Supply chain CDMOs, Third party logistics (3PL) providers, and commercial consultants for distribution of future commercial products to our patients.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Act as the primary manager of 3PL provider, including data aggregation and analytics
- Maintain and assist with the implementation of Supply Chain and departmental policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems
- Manage and oversee key aspects in inventory/production (WIP to FG) and shipping (domestic and international) of API and drug product
- Meet with relevant departments to obtain required information for all Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Production Planning processes, presenting analyzed results to key stakeholders during S&OP and Production Planning meetings
- Manage outsourced distribution activities and maintain strong relationships with 3PLs, CMOs, freight forwarders and transportation partners.
- Maintain a satisfactory fill rate on orders while minimizing E&O inventory through maintaining appropriate safety stock levels, partnering with sales to model demand, and monitoring and adjusting MRP.
- Generate and review work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
- Collaborate with company leadership on strategic planning
- Assist with preparing project plans and managing projects to successful and timely completion. Provide expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues that challenge achieving strategic goals.
- To reduce costs, recommend and assist with integrating new technologies and/or new processes as needed.
- BA or BS degree in supply chain, business administration, or operations, and 10+ years of experience in supply chain or production management, with at least 5 years in Pharma or similar ISO/GMP environment, or MBA and 5+ years of experience in supply chain or production management, with at least 3 years in Pharma or similar ISO or GMP environment
- Understanding of FDA regulations, Customs, permit and state licensing requirements, quality systems and GMP
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Working experience in the areas of sales and operations planning (S&OP), production planning, finite forward scheduling, and inventory control
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills, Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, ASCM/APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certifications preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including pharmaceutical GMPs, customs and permit submissions.
- Experience in both domestic and international transportation and logistics required
- Experienced with ERP Systems (MS dynamics), data analysis, KPI management of metrics and associated corrective action planning.
- Demonstrate good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills, working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling, Oracle/SAP, and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel, dynamics, project) related to business needs.