Okta’s Deal Strategy Team
is responsible for driving large, complex, and non-standard commercial contracts to closure by providing Sales teams with business process & policy insights as well as strategic and operational support. The team sits within the larger GTM Strategy & Operations organization, which supports strategic initiatives across Okta. This role is best suited for an individual who has previous experience in sales operations, order management, or customer support roles, is familiar with Salesforce CPQ and/or subscription management tools, and is interested in working within systems to manage processes that affects multiple teams.
In this role, your responsibilities included but are not limited to:?
- Creating quotes and order forms.
- Managing deal approvals that meet specific criteria.
- Re-configuring quotes that have errors due to system issues.
- Supporting User Accepted Testing efforts before launching new products and processes.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on process and data reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business preferred.
- 1-2 years in Sales or Customer Support and experience reviewing Order Forms.
- Adept at using both Excel and Gsheets
- Adept at using SFDC reporting (Can adjust filters, identify/rectify errors) (+1)
- Adept at using SFDC CPQ / Comparable quoting tool; Process Documentation
- Detail-oriented and data-driven; strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly responsive; thrives in a fast-pace environment.
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, ability to create ad-hoc models and analysis, etc.).
- Experience in Salesforce and quoting applications is required.
- Comfortable sharing new ideas and building new processes based on friction or team needs.