Cal.net is an established provider of broadband internet access to rural California. After winning significant incentive funding from multiple government programs and receiving a recent growth equity investment from an institutional investor, the Company is expanding its network and growing rapidly. This has created the need for new and expanded sales and marketing capabilities in the Company.
The Chief Revenue Officer reports to the CEO and will have primary responsibility for adding subscribers and growing the Company’s top line. All sales and marketing functions will report to this position. As a successful team member, the CRO will play a vitally important role in bringing critical modern Internet communications services to hundreds of thousands of unserved or poorly served California residents, helping them to embrace the digital economy.
Current compensation will be incentive based, uncapped and tied to top-line revenue growth less controllable expenses. An equity participation will also be part of the compensation package.
Essential Job Function
• Sales Leadership and Execution (70%)
o Inside Sales. This is currently five sales reps primarily focused on in-bound calls but with capacity for outbound prospecting as well. This function will grow as additional capacity is required.
o Outside Sales and Corporate Development. This team of between three and five senior individuals is focused on generating specific, high value projects for the Company by working with corporations, municipalities and other government entities.
• Marketing Analytics and Execution (30%)
o Customer, competitor and network capacity analysis in each local market to develop and implement product/price decisions,
o Network build and upgrade priorities (in conjunction with network engineering and corporate development),
o New product bundles to enhance subscriber growth and reduce churn,
o Sales and marketing campaign design and execution across markets to hit revenue targets,
o Subscriber and revenue growth tracking to evaluate progress
• Sales/Marketing budget development and execution.
• 8 – 10 existing sales and marketing employees
• Additional resources as required to meet sales objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
• Experience with sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, customer success, marketing, channel and partner management, business planning, and sales support management
• Diverse experience in both B2C and B2B sales & marketing
• Highly motivated with an ability to create and work collaboratively with the entire sales and marketing team.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
• Track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts based on ROI to the business.
• Strategic and highly analytical with a leaning towards data-driven decision making and execution.
• Outstanding customer and partner facing communication skills.
• Ability to mobilize stakeholders outside of his/her individual span of control.
• An outstanding listener and communicator. Someone who facilitates an open exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
• Demonstrate strong people skills, including being perceived as genuinely caring, warm, empathetic, fair, motivating and positive.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• MBA preferred
• 10+ years of hands-on sales and marketing management experience in a high-growth telecommunications company
• The work location will be in California.
• The Company’s headquarters is in Shingle Springs, east of Sacramento with distributed locations throughout the Central Valley.
• The primary office location can be anywhere within the Company’s territory, but the position will require travel as necessary to meet customers and work with sales/marketing personnel that are located throughout the state.
• Benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage and a 401K plan
• Cal.net, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), M/F/D/V