Pero Family Farms is a market share leader with over a century of dedication, commitment and integrity. Operating since 1908, Pero is the farm trusted by retailers and consumers alike. We are a fully integrated farming operation, with departments that specialize in organic farming, logistics, global supply chain management, national sales operations, food processing operations, and strategic marketing functions. Our operation includes over 35,000 acres spanning across the East Coast of the United States from Florida to New York, with distribution and production facilities in several different states. We pride ourselves in maintaining a strong family heritage and tradition that has been dedicated to quality, innovation, and excellent customer service that has been feeding America’s families for over a century. Our family’s passion for farming remains unwavering, with a vision to continue the tradition for many generations to come, whilst maintaining the reverence and trust it has established with the American consumer.
As we expand our offering to include an assortment of organic vegetable options; we have become one of the largest organic vegetable growers in the country and we are looking to grow our workforce family. Join us in continuing and strengthening our position as a market share leader dedicated and trusted by retailers and consumers alike.
The Supply Managers main responsibilities are to manage the flow of all assigned produce items both internal and externally procured from either domestic or imported sources. This position reports directly to the Chief Supply Officer and works closely with the Chief Performance Officer. This position will require periodic travel multiple growing regions throughout the year as well as to other Pero locations as the company deems necessary.
- Manage sourcing strategy, including contract and negotiation decisions, to improve quality and profitability.
- Negotiate raw product contracts with growers and brokers based on quality parameters.
- Facilitate the development of new suppliers in collaboration with quality assurance in order to help them to reach the level of excellence required by company standards.
- Build grower relations, exclusive where possible, with specific specifications to Fresh Cut/Fresh Wrap production needs.
- Evaluate and select suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with the organization’s requirements like quality, contract compliance, and accuracy among others.
- Monitor daily quality inspection reports with Director of Quality Assurance.
- Maintain acceptable inventory levels on all assigned commodities and be accountable for all daily purchases for assigned commodities.
- Work closely with the Chief Performance Officer and the Client Service staff to secure needed lid pricing, needed quantities and forecasted profitability.
- Work closely with the Sales division to ensure all product and quality levels are maintained and acceptable.
- Monitor and control the inventory levels of all assigned commodities and assist sales in finding suitable solutions for any variances.
- The Supply Manager will be responsible for maintaining budgetary profit margins on assigned commodities.
- Prepare assigned commodity update reports of volume, price, and availability for weekly review.
- The buyer must have working knowledge in areas of handling rejections, PACA rules, and government regulations regarding the commerce of the fresh produce industry.
- Select Growers/ Shippers who meet PERO’s Food Safety requirements such as Primus Labs, HAACP programs, third party audits by companies or agencies such as Primus Labs & CCOF must be capable of full traceability of product.
- Work with transportation and logistics to ensure the arrival/travel of the product runs smoothly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of fresh foods procurement experience.
- Fresh Foods Experience (procurement and/or production)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Industry Experience.
- Experience in transportation is plus
- Computer skills:
- Basics: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Office
- Industry Specific: Famous
- Experience with grower relations
- Strong experience in forecasting and analysis
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and more
- Paid Time Off (PTO)