“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Sales Operations Specialist optimize the effectiveness of the District Sales team by engaging in activities that support our sales processes and strategies. Using strong marketing and design, communication, and time management skills, Sales Operations effectively collaborates with staff in various job functions, owns and completes tasks of moderate to high complexity, and performs well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This position provides support to the District Sales Manager and to the District Sales team. The Sales Operations role provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
- Skills in organizing webinars and other online events (such as seminars).
- Skills in targeted marketing (understand your target market, compose engaging messaging with call to action).
- Drive branch social media strategy: Researching into targets and driving content creation and engagement with targets and prospects.
- Understanding of social media channels in a business environment, and their value for marketing activities.
- Familiar with marketing communication protocols.
- Knowledge of inbound marketing methodology, such as blogging, landing pages, and forms.
- Proficient with data and data analysis using Excel and other tools. Familiar with Power BI.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word.
- Passion to drive and support a team toward winning results.
- Outstanding time management skills, attention to detail, and sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to make decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Confidence to proactively collaborate across the Expeditors network to support Sales efforts.
- Ability to influence others to action.
- Ability to independently apply creativity and problem-solving skills to achieve results.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language.
This role can be based out of our Belfast, Aberdeen or Glasgow office.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program