BigCommerce's mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee's careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Sr. Director of Revenue Operations to drive performance and operational excellence by optimizing cross-functional processes. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in implementing processes, operational controls, reporting, and systems to drive operating efficiency and grow revenue. This role will be responsible for both functional operations teams (e.g. sales operations and marketing operations) and cross-functional processes (e.g. lead flow and distribution, pipeline management, and quote-to-cash).
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, manage the Sales, Marketing and Partner operations teams through a period of rapid growth and operational challenges
- Gain alignment on operational strategies with senior management; manage the cadence of operational reporting and interface with senior management in Sales, Marketing and Business Development
- Demonstrate effective cross-functional collaboration and customer-oriented service principles with key business stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Business Applications
- Establish and oversee business processes and procedures to deliver cross-functional business objectives while minimizing waste
- Ensure visibility into critical business performance with regular, detailed operational reports and readouts; lead teams of analysts who investigate performance, understand inputs and recommend improvements to optimize for crucial business outputs
- Identify execution risks and implement controls to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure
- Drive operating leverage by setting ambitious goals and managing teams to the very highest performance standards
- Develop scalability throughout our revenue-driving business units with a combination of process improvements, automation and continuous improvement methods
- Design and implement business processes that build business capabilities and drive growth while ensuring effective collaboration and minimize role or responsibility confusion
- Force consistency in approach to both work and deliverables, and drive agreement to this consistency among the executive team that Rev Ops serves
- Ruthlessly prioritize what the team will deliver, and gain executive agreement for the same
- Drive agreement with executive leadership to revamp BC's Salesforce instance to better serve the company we are today
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional Revenue Operation professional with 8+ years experience in Sales and/or Marketing operations, process design and excellent leadership skills
- Experienced team leader and manager, with 5+ years of people management experience and a dedication to service-oriented leadership
- Working knowledge and application of Lean Principles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen and operations thinking
- Deep experience working with revenue-generating teams and programs with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
Our employees make the difference. At BigCommerce, we believe that celebrating the unique histories, perspectives and abilities of every employee makes a difference for our company, our customers and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and the inclusive atmosphere we build together will make room for every person to contribute, grow and thrive.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.