mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
is looking for a Senior Director of Revenue Operations to lead a 20+ person organization and steward Go-To-Market operational excellence across BigCommerce.
In this high-visibility leadership role, you will partner closely with BC’s VP+ GTM leaders to build, influence and execute business strategies for scaling SaaS revenue. Your team will not only derive the data-based insights that will shape BC’s future GTM plans, but will translate business strategy into execution via close collaboration with leaders of business technology functions (business applications, data solutions, analytics), Finance, and Strategic Operations. Over the course of 2023 and beyond, you will also lead these teams as BC transforms our internal business technology and allocate ~25% of your time to supporting this program.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic advocate for LEAN principles, deeply understands SaaS economics and eCommerce, and has a passion for leading leaders to build high-performing teams. The leader of Revenue Operations will assess priorities based on business impact, identify opportunities for synergies across teams, and simplify wherever possible.
Reporting to the VP of Operations & Data, you will lead the Sales, Partner, Marketing Ops and Insights teams (staff of 20+) through a period of rapid revenue growth and operational transformation while maintaining reasonable, high ROI capacity and exceptional team motivation.
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong partnership with GTM leaders, deeply understand their business objectives, and support them in achieving their revenue goals.
- Serve as key stakeholder and supporter of BC’s internal business technology transformation program.
- Demonstrate effective cross-functional leadership collaboration and a customer-first mindset
- Hold yourself, the team, and the COO’s executive leadership team accountable to simplifying and automating wherever possible, constructing processes that scale through technology. Maintain an up to date understanding of Revenue Operations technology options and best in class playbooks for SaaS operations. Understand technology landscape to look around corners and spot potential “gotchas” in scope.
- Engage deeply with business technology functions to understand their systems, requirements, operating models such that you can advocate for solutions that account for / optimize all business systems, building one team of internal operators and technologists.
- Oversee and lead an Insights team to understand business performance drivers and outcomes across key verticals / business segments / regions. Encourage optimization of regular business performance readouts, regularly propose recommendations to improve performance.
- Partner closely with FP&A, Insights, and Ops direct reports to set aggressive yet attainable annual revenue targets, revenue funnel metrics, and compensation plans with clear measurability.
- Implement new mechanisms for capacity planning and prioritization (eg, Operations SteerCo, unified intake process across Ops, Data, & Technology teams) and advocate for an agile POD structure amongst the teams.
- Deeply engrain yourself in strategic priorities of the business, such as Account-Based Marketing, and organize / mobilize your team to operationalize new strategies for success
- Lead the integration of Feedonomics into the BigCommerce revenue operations processes
- Implement internal controls to identify and mitigate execution risks and and/or prevent failure. Take every opportunity to draft white papers to motivate change, seek alignment, or gain approval on a path forward or investment required.
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional, poised professional with 10+ years experience in SaaS Operations, Management Consulting, or similar LEAN environment with exceptional leadership skills
- Experienced people leader with 7+ years of people management experience, a dedication to service-oriented leadership, and a proven track record grooming high-performing future leaders
- Working knowledge and application of Lean Principles required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required with proven track record of solving highly-complex business problems through intensive, cross-functional change management
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen and operations thinking
- Deep experience working with revenue-generating teams and programs with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Proactive problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
- Simplifier and executive influencer who utilizes exceptional storytelling skills to drive change through written, verbal, and presentation tactics
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
Our employees make the difference. At BigCommerce, we believe that celebrating the unique histories, perspectives and abilities of every employee makes a difference for our company, our customers and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and the inclusive atmosphere we build together will make room for every person to contribute, grow and thrive.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.