Refrigerated Solutions Group (Norlake and Master-Bilt) is a leader in the designing and manufacturing of refrigeration products. With its dedication and commitment to providing the best customer service and high-quality product lines, RSG is one of the most respected names in the refrigeration industry with a combined 160-year history.
The Director of Sales Operations is a strategist and tactician who will help translate the company's commercial vision and goals into actionable initiatives and compelling results. Including:
- Help proactively develop and implement the processes, technologies, analytics, reports, and cadences needed to drive remarkable commercial execution.
- Design and lead implementation of an industry leading sales & revenue forecasting capability that enables world class production efficiency and delivery.
- Translate company's growth plan into specific sales metrics, quotas and compensation plans that create clarity and accountability at product, channel, and end market level
- Build strong cross functional partnerships with Sales, Operations, Engineering, HR, Finance, and the Executive team.
- Lead, coach, develop and engage their 10+ person team
The Director of Sales Operations must enjoy facilitating decision making in a dynamic market with imperfect information. They excel at challenging the status quo, leading cross-functional teams through change and be comfortable creating insights out of chaos, ambiguity, and complexity. The Director of Sales Operations must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision, drive, and execution leadership to make that vision a reality.
Hudson, WI, or New Albany, MS (but may also be remote position in Eastern Half of United States)
: Chief Commercial Officer
This list of key responsibilities is not all-inclusive, and the Director will need to proactively adapt to meet changing business conditions. It is imperative the candidate thrives in dynamic environments, is intellectually curious, radiates a 'can do' attitude and consistently takes proactive initiative to seize opportunity and mitigated risks.
- Develop Data Driven Leading Indicators of Demand: Implement technology, process, and change management to evolve current presales (top of funnel) and quoting activities into reliable leading indicators of sales demand by product, channel, and end market
- Sales & Revenue Forecasting - Evolve and lead the monthly sales & revenue forecast, by product, channel, and end market, in partnership with sales team, Finance and Operations.
- Quotations & Applications - Coach and develop Supervisors to effectively lead quotation and application specialists' teams to:
- provide accurate and timely quotes and drawings to meet unique customer needs with great service
- become increasingly efficient and improve conversion rates
- provide real time reporting, analytics and insights into trends, risks, and opportunities
- Pricing - Assist in evaluating product pricing utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs and margins; standard costing and customized order considerations
- Reporting: Proactively build and evolve reporting to increasingly create insights and clarity that enable action across commercial execution (e.g., quoting, sales by product, channel, end market, rep, dealer, buying group, etc.) and track performance relative to goals (rep quota, sales by customer, buying group performance, product, etc.)
- Customer Analytics - provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product/parts & service forecasts and special reports and analysis.
- Data Integrity - Work cross functionally with Finance and Engineering to ensure integrity of data in our systems including, but not limited to, the ERP system, quote tools, internal project management systems, while performing accurate and consistent data reviews.
- Technology - Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology, while leading the enhancement and evaluation of CRM, Web-based quote tool, and other technology tools.
- Serve as Connector: between Sales, Finance and Operations for schedules, escalations, problem resolution and SIOP meetings.
- Win/ Loss Analysis: Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Market Intelligence: Partner with Sales to analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to identify growth opportunities and refine strategic plan accordingly.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Proven experience establishing goals, developing strategies, implementing initiatives, leading cadences, and producing reporting and analytics to drive execution
- Proven experience building and sustaining effective sales & revenue forecasting cadences
- Proven experience developing and producing sales rep and territory performance reporting
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Metrics-driven: strong analytical and synthesis skills are necessary, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Demonstration of strong customer (internal and external) relationship focus and skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Microsoft Office, ERP, CRMs, analytical software, and EXCEL skills highly desired
- Ability to engage, lead and inspire teams to achieve amazing things together
- Commitment to results; "can do" mindset with emphasis on accountability
- Sense of humor, integrity, and impeccable work ethic