BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science Consultancy focused on powering exceptional results for our Fortune 500/1000 clients and other major organizations. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data, and technology.
This role reports to the SVP of Global Business Development. The Sales Operations Leader (VP-level) is expected to act as a COO to the Global Business Development team. This role requires to work closely with the SVP in Global Business Development to construct a solid sales process by using data to understand conversion and inform relevant business development activities.
This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on deal pipeline status, financial risks, and sales team performance.
Key Functional Areas:
- Sales Strategy: Construct and clarify our sales modus operandi by integrating our new logo origination and deal qualification processes with effective solutioning that is enabled by quick service and consistent fulfillment
- Sales Process: Figure out, map, and finalize sales process for new logos and partnerships
- Metrics: Own pipeline metrics. Evaluate selling activities. Establish metrics to measure sales process inertia, velocity, and conversion. Understand time spent on selling versus servicing on activities inherent in the conversion process such as new client onboarding, etc.
- Sales Team Performance: Evaluate sales team performance over time. Develop and formalize comp plans for salespeople
- Finance: Work with finance to measure cost of new logo & partnerships. Link pricing structure with new logo sales model (direct vs. partnerships). Build financial models to measure impact of new logo activity on annual revenue and margins
- Capabilities & Delivery: Interact with Capability Leaders to ensure solutions meet target needs. Engage with Operations and Client Partners to build feedback loops across sales and on/offshore delivery teams
- Research: Conduct deep research on target enterprise clients and provide business development with cost/benefit analyses and new opportunity assessments
- Sales Acceleration: Set up a repeatable business development process for POCs and RFPs for Platform Enterprise clients
- Go-to-Market: Engage with our Go-to-Market SVP leader to validate client targets, establish deal qualification standards, determine deal profiles, and understand our go-to-market strategy economics
- Solution Accelerators: Construct sales model and define appropriate sales versus service tasks for solution accelerators. Measure and evaluate selling activities
VP Role Expectations: VP of Sales Operations is the Single Threaded Leader who ultimately owns Blend360’s global sales process. Person needs to make sure the right things are happening, and the right people know about status changes early on. He needs to delegate and orchestrate a lot! He/she also needs to understand when things go sideways, and either put the right fixes in place to correct course and bring them back on track or escalate quickly if problems/fixes are beyond his/her control. Speed matters.
- Revenue Growth
- Gross Margin
Required Personal Skills
Successful candidate needs to possess the following personal characteristics:
- Analytical Thinker & Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence teams to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions, working through the many obstacles along the way
- Visionary: Create clarity and vision on how to execute through ambiguous and complex organizational changes
- Change Agent: Leading through 'Change Management' operational initiatives that span across regions & capabilities
- Effective Communicator: Ability to present to c-level executives, communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals
- Impact Assessment: Ability to determine potential impact of proposed investments on business areas (metrics, dollars) and technology/tools
Required Professional Experience:
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of sales operations in the professional services domain
- 10+ years of experience in building/supporting sales operations for mid/large size enterprises and establishing sales performance oversight mechanisms
- Strong people & process management skills
- Familiarity with Business Agile Process frameworks & methodologies
- Financially savvy
- Strong PM, organizational and execution skills
A diverse workforce is a strong workforce
To deliver growth at BLEND360 and for our clients, we have a responsibility and unique opportunity to positively impact the workforce. Diversity has played a critical role in our history, our growth, and continues to have a profound impact on our success. We are determined to have equality in the workplace, within our team and as an extension of our clients’ team.
This is not the work of the moment, this requires continued learning and purposeful actions. We are investing resources to understand and improve the sourcing, selection and retention of the talent we hire.