Black Diamond Group, Inc. is a retail and wholesale footwear, apparel and accessories company that focuses on the work, tactical, fire, and occupational spaces. The company has owned brands and licensed brands including Black Diamond, Battle Ops, BD Protective Equipment, Carhartt (footwear license) and Oliver Thomas. The company is known for excellence in brand development and customer relationships, as well as supply chain expertise.
Develop, refine and execute Sales Operations and Planning for Black Diamond Group. Create the Sales Operations and Planning discipline, processes, and team. Methodically drive the organization to help achieve the goals for the business.
What you will do:
1. Lead process with the Sales team in formulating the monthly sales plan by division, channel, account, and style to guide division inventory purchases that will achieve company turn targets (right product at the right time) and ensure it links to financial goals.
2. Drive channel and account level strategy and scenario planning with Sales team to drive growth and achieve goals. Develop and review sell-in, sell-thru, account analysis to find white space opportunities and participate in account meetings to drive sales.
3. Develop budget build based on history and forward sales plan. Identify, develop and deliver growth plans and strategies for key accounts, territories and divisions. Tie all numbers back to targets, identify variances, and make plans against how to close gaps or capitalize on opportunities.
4. Manage Sales Operations support encompassing everything from enforcing MAP policy, assistance on new account opening process, distribution of Marketing assets, samples, assisting in GTM and Sales Meetings and Trade Shows, etc..
Facilitate meetings, identifying data needs/analysis to inform decision making, updating senior leadership on plans and progress, identifying and raising issues, and working with the team members to drive resolutions.
6. Improve financial forecasting accuracy and division results by working closely with Sales, Product, and Supply Planning teams leading to better decision making.
7. Improve margin and profitability through deep analysis of pricing, programs, account terms, etc. at the division, channel, account, gender, and product level. Make recommendations on the best path to support the account and BDG in achieving their goals.
8. Management and development of the Sales Operations and Planning team. This position will start out as a “player/ coach”, owning some accounts personally and managing one sales planner and one operations associate. Leading by example, developing sales planning as a discipline within BDG, and coaching direct reports positively in their development will be key.
9. Communicate results (sell-in, sell-thru) to the Product team and work together in the GTM process to provide input based on account and selling results, pricing insight, and competitor moves in the market.
10. Partner on closeout identification/Inventory obsolescence with demand planning and work with sales team on opportunities to sell them.
11. Provide recommendations on returns and cancels with potential mitigation solutions.
12. Sales Team analytics support - daily, monthly, seasonally, annually.
· Travel to key account meetings, and/or trade shows will be required on a limited basis.
· Over time, additional responsibilities will be added.
What you will bring:
· Advanced Proficiency in MS EXCEL including Pivot Tables
· General proficiency in MS Outlook
· Data analytics and transforming data into actionable information
· College degree in business or higher
· Exceptional planning, strategy, project management and organizational skills to manage multiple data driven projects simultaneously.
· Proven quantitative skills with extensive experience in using data to support business decisions
· Excellent communication skills in English- Oral and Written
Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woburn, MA 01801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location