Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About The Role
As a Sales Operations Specialist you will be closely working with the Global Customer Success, Sales, Finance and Legal teams to ensure data quality and provide the best service to your customers. You will be responsible for day-to-day data management tasks in our CRM system - SalesForce. You will prepare reports and use them to identify irregularities or perform statistical analysis. You will assist Sales Operations and other teams on process improvements and ad-hoc projects.
The position will include exposure to tasks related to contract and change management as well as cover the full spectrum of responsibilities within the quote to cash lifecycle.
Impact You’ll Own
- Provide excellent sales operations support and execution on quote to cash process
- Create and manage sales orders, billing schedules, on-time invoicing and payments receipt
- Track and report order fulfillment status driven by the Global Customer Success Team
- Monitor accounts payable and account receivable in cooperation with the Finance team
- Responsible for administration and general office duties including record clean-up and file maintenance, documentation creation and control tracking
- Maintaining relevant order information and monitoring system behavior and dependencies
- Coordinate cross-functionally with internal departments to ensure data quality, completeness and fulfillment of CRM records
- Generate and maintain confidential information and comply with company policy and procedures
What You Bring
- BA/MBA degree in business related studies
- Excellent English working proficiency
- Microsoft office suite proficiency
- Deep SalesForce understanding and knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive working style
- Readiness to work on a flexible working schedule
What Makes You Stand Out
- German language preferred
- Familiarity with financial controls and compliance practices (e.g. SOX)
Benefits While Working At Planet
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Some Press About Us
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why We Care So Much About Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
By clicking "Apply Now" at the top of this job posting, I acknowledge that I have read the Candidate Privacy Notice GDPR Planet Labs Europe, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.