Director, Supply Chain
Reporting to: VP, Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
About ReCor Medical
ReCor Medical, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, is an innovative medical technology company focused on transforming the management of hypertension, the leading cardiovascular risk factor in the world. ReCor has pioneered the innovative, minimally invasive use of ultrasound in renal denervation to lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension. The company is focused on investing in high quality product development efforts, as well as rigorous clinical studies to create a strong foundation for future clinical adoption.
ReCor Medical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otsuka Medical Devices Co., Ltd. Otsuka Medical Devices focuses on the global development and commercialization of endovascular therapies that provide new therapeutic options in areas where patient needs cannot be met through pharmaceutical treatment. Otsuka Medical Devices Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd., a leading global healthcare group listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (JP 4578). With operations in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, medical devices and other health-related businesses, the group generated worldwide sales of approximately US$13 billion in the fiscal year ending December 2021 and has a market capitalization of approximately US$19 billion.
This is a hands-on position which reports to the Vice President of Operations and will provide leadership on commercial supply chain readiness of our manufacturing. The position directs and coordinates activities of materials supply and product distribution and aids the Vice President of Operations in formulating and administering organization policies by performing or delegating the following duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generally responsible for the management, coordination, and strategic direction of Operations Supply Chain including purchasing, receiving, shipping, and product distribution.
- Participates in formulating and administering department policies and developing long-range
- and objectives.
- Manages supplier selection, evaluation, bidding and contract process for commodities. Leads cross functional input and agreements with supplier.
- Develops and manages the supply roadmap for managing COGs, Quality, and Security of material supply to support scalability.
- Develops and manages the distribution roadmap for managing logistics, customs risk, costs, and customer satisfaction of product supply to support scalability.
- Owns and controls the flow of product and visibility for the business for finished good distribution and return.
- Acts as a focal point for all functions on the allocation of product. When necessary, recommends changes to manufacturing constraints (capacity) and marketing plans (demand) making tradeoffs toward optimal solutions.
- Manages supply meetings for all markets to ensure that decision logic, scheduling parameters and real-time metrics are considered in production and distribution.
- Manages Distribution control (diversion, counterfeit, legal access constraints, monitor for re-use risk).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Directly supervises employees in Supply Chain. Carries out supervisory
- in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicate and drive organization objective. Establish goals and objectives to meet organization strategies and goals.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and
- regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Approximate experience, or equivalent knowledge and skills, necessary to satisfactorily perform the position responsibilities: 10+ years Bachelor of Science degree (Supply Chain, Operations Research, Logistics or Industrial Engineering).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Interface experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience helpful
- Experience with one or more of the following: Warehouse, Demand Planning, Transportation Management and Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software is highly beneficial.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
At ReCor Medical, we care, we collaborate, we challenge, and we create. Pursuant to these core values, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, as well as the teamwork essential for innovation of our pioneering technology. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all ReCor US office employees effective June 10, 2021, as well as all new US office employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. This is a full-time office position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At ReCor Medical, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
E-mail resume to HR: Careers@recormedical.com