The Chief Revenue Officer will drive all commercial and business development strategies to align with MAAST business objectives for revenue generation and to maximize profitability. This role will work with various teams to ensure best practices and optimization for budgeting, marketing strategies, sales processes, customer success, and business execution to meet our goals. The CRO will oversee all aspects of the business development and manage a team of employees including business development/sales, and customer success/relationship management.Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Works closely with the CEO and leadership team to develop commercial and business development strategies for short-term results and long-term business goals.
- Partners with peers to deliver on the MAAST corporate vision, including corporate development and global business strategy.
- Leads sales growth by providing leadership and direction to ensure growth of existing team and markets, guide further expansion into new markets, building sales pipeline and ensure qualified marketing leads are converted to sales accepted leads for pipeline growth, managing the end-to-end sales cycle and processes, assisting in the development of sales budgets and financial metrics within the company and providing frequent updates to the CEO and MAAST leadership regarding sales achievements and shortfalls.
- Builds and trains a high performing team to execute end-to-end sales: including pitching, demos, negotiation, closing deals, and implementation.
- Partners with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to develop and oversees an effective marketing strategy using advertising to efficiently boost company and product awareness among the target demographic and creates customer proposal documents and develop company promotional items and materials.
- Develops partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Manages the annual performance management and merit processes for direct and indirect reports. Coaches and develops team members and builds a work environment where team members are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in the company. Works closely with Human Resources regarding employee relations, compensation, training, posting and filling vacant positions and other Human Resources related matters.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplaceMinimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree Finance, business administration, or related field - Masters preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ten years Financials or Payments Industry; Experience as a CRO or Leader of Sales/Marketing/Customer Success or related senior role.
- Proven track record of delivering new business acquisition and quantifiable growth
- Proven experience in sales and client relationship management
- Extensive experience in sales leadership of regional sales teams, including management of senior sales leaders
- Experience collaborating and working closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success Teams to ensure strategic alignment and optimal results
- Experience in market research and analysis
- Knowledge of budgeting processes and performance reporting
- Experienced in strategic business planning
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Excellent leadership and communication skills