Third-party search on behalf of client in the wholesale building and industrial product industry. This is a hybrid role - 3/2, with in-office hours Tues-Thurs and remote work on Monday and Friday.
Responsible for leading the SIOP (Sales and Operations Planning) process for a leading building products distributor with $4+ B of sales. The SIOP Manager is specifically responsible by working with our sales teams, our product line managers and our branch locations to lead, facilitate, and compile the monthly SIOP process and requirements plan and review with senior business management to get approval and alignment. The SIOP Manager will compile sales and marketing forecasts into a demand and supply plan that will satisfy customer expectations, while minimizing inventory investment, and maximizing customer growth opportunities. The SIOP Manager will analyze data as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution. This position will grow in responsibilities as the scope of the role increases and provides the applicant with a unique opportunity to join a strong supply chain team in a values-based company.
- 20% - Deployment of 5-step S&OP process, including portfolio management, demand planning, supply planning and driving S&OP meetings across cross functional team.
- 20% - Lead the development of a robust demand forecast that is aligned to sales and marketing expectations, including an analytical driven demand planning monthly process. Leads the monthly consensus demand process, including reporting to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities. Documents and challenges forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- 10% - Provides S&OP leadership, drives organizational capability leading to continuous improvement of the forecast process and the adoption of best practices. Champion a culture of change and continual improvement through performance measures and feedback to the participants in the Supply Chain process.
- 20% - Drive continuous improvement of the supply replenishment model, identifying process optimization and opportunities to expand scope. Optimize supply planning for new product introduction and product phase-out to reduce excess and obsolescence.
- 20% - Demonstrates, trains, and drives inventory improvement measures that support outputs in and out of the S&OP process
- 10% - Monitors changes in the key business drivers, perform analysis, and possess the ability to shape the analytical findings into a meaningful business impact analysis. Query databases for information required for decision-making, primarily using Power BI. Mentors and develops in supply chain best practices.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university is required
- Five (5) years’ experience in Supply Chain (Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Planning), materials management, including, master planning, scheduling and/or forecasting.
- Three (3) year of experience with materials planning systems (MRP/ERP)
- Ideally experienced with a statistical forecasting tool like Demantra
- Experience of supply chain planning and S&OP process
- APICS and/or ISM certification (preferred)
- Strong analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- Advanced Problem-Solving skills
- Expertise in driving business process improvement initiative
- Ability to travel 0-25%
- Advanced level skills developing analysis in Excel, PowerBI and/or MS Access
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. Client is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
This is a hybrid role - 3/2, with in-office hours Tues-Thurs and remote work on Monday and Friday. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.