Come join Deepwatch's team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you're ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We're redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. – and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch's cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry's fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- Forbes America's Best Startup Employers 2022
- Great Place to Work® Certified 2022
- Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR 2022
- Forrester: Top 10 MDR
- Goldman Sachs portfolio company: $53m Series B investment 2020
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Deal Desk Manager is a newly created, highly visible and impactful role. This individual will be a key enabler of deal formation, design and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle time while optimizing revenue, profitability and deal quality.
This is a ground floor opportunity with a fast growing pre-IPO cyber security company. With our sales accelerating, we need to streamline our quote to order process. As the SME, you'll design, create, and maintain a world class Deal Desk.
In this role you'll get to:
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Partner with Sales, Finance, and Legal organizations to define standard / non-standard deal criteria and related deal structures and approval processes
- Work closely with Sales Leadership team and act as an advisor and 'quarterback' in navigating deals efficiently through the deal lifecycle
- Review quote submissions for accuracy and alignment to financial operations policies
- Maintain an action item log for deal approvals
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoints and compliance with standard business practices and policies
- Create and advise on innovative pricing strategies and structures based on services being sold that fulfill the customer's requirements while maximizing revenue and profitability
- Continue to mature the Deal Desk function by leading or collaborating on projects (deal playbook, automation processes, dashboards, analytics, and various performance metrics)
- Communicate and report on trends, risks, and areas of growth for the business to improve on
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Leverage your prior deal desk experience supporting complex, non-standard deals, in a subscription-based business
- Apply your knowledge, skills and subject matter expertise to streamline our overall quote-to-order process and implement deal desk process best practices.
- Establish and nurture partnerships across our Sales, Legal and Finance teams, serving as advisor on all things related to deal desk and deal lifecycles
- Minimize sales cycle times while optimizing bookings, revenue and profitability based on business priorities
- Provide analytical and process expertise to ensure alignment with our financial operations policies
- Bring your understanding of subscription-based pricing models and contract terms, value-based pricing, and contract negotiation
- Use Business Intelligence and leverage data to understand what's working and what's not
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and business judgment to manage projects independently, end-to-end
In the first 90-days, you'll need to:
- Architect our deal playbook and define standard deal procedures in the first 90 days
Statutory Pay Disclosure:
For applicants in NYC, CO, CA, RI, and WA, the salary range for this role is $104,000 to $156,000 + stock options + benefits. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Paid time off, holidays, and family leave
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Learn more here: Deepwatch Benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you. Please review our DEI Statement here.
Deepwatch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform your recruiter or contact email@example.com for further information.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.