About The Job
In the role as the Senior Director of Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for leading and growing our revenue operations team. You will be a part of our growing revenue team expanding a disruptive technology in the exciting Computer Vision space. You are a process wizard, you understand where inefficiencies lie and you work to improve them. You are responsible for supporting sales, marketing, and customer success team productivity. These include planning, reporting/analysis, quota setting and management, process optimization, job design, program implementation, sales incentive compensation design and administration, and team enablement. You are responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the go-to-market (GTM) organization. Reporting to the VP of Global Revenue, you work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the go-to-market organization.Key Responsibilities
- Develop, document, and execute Sama's go-to-market strategy, quarterly plans, and program blueprints to hit our revenue goals
- Providing actionable intelligence on GTM operations, rep performance, win/loss, conversion rates, and KPIs on a recurring basis
- Forecasting to include pipeline/growth and retention with rollup across sales teams. Synthesize data and be able to work with finance and executive leaders on impact and strategy
- Constantly review business processes to drive strategic alignment and deliver timely business insight, in coordination with the global Revenue Operations & Revenue Systems teams
- Work closely with marketing and sales to put together the market analysis for the prioritized segments by conducting market research to provide insight into customer needs and expectations
- Lead our revenue operations function and enable the revenue operations team. Identify opportunities to drive revenue, such as go-to-market strategies, tactics to streamline the customer lifecycle, and potential sales process improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, customer success, finance, product teams, and other stakeholders to share insights and centralize information
- Oversee systems (SFDC, Hubspot, Gong, etc) and data administration and recommend tools to improve data quality, analysis, reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Own the sales enablement function in conjunction with product marketing to train our teams on upcoming processes and best practices
- Maintain the GTM team wiki with up-to-date information
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the GTM organization's planning efforts.
- Provide input to GTM leadership in the development and administration of incentive compensation programs
- Own the compensation plans, quota-setting process, and maintenance of quotas
- Implement enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales & marketing teams. Monitor the organization's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Work closely with GTM management to optimize the effectiveness of the company's technology investments
- Manage the revenue operations team budget and tools
- 10+ years experience in revenue operations, sales operations, or business operations
- 5 years in leadership roles, driving revenue growth
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and organizational skills and ability to cross-functionally build trust with other departments. Expert proficiency in tracking metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), with the ability to analyze them, use them to make fact-based decisions, and turn them into actionable strategies
- Proven track record of managing compensation plans and quota setting
- Excellent analytical skills; able to breakdown ambiguous problems into concrete, actionable insights and think through optimal solutions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, highly organized
- Ability to escalate problems and roadblocks as needed
- Expert use of Excel and Google Sheets to assess, manipulate, and analyze data. Must be able to present and share data in a polished, meaningful way. Must communicate it in a clear, engaging manner
- Have a deep knowledge and expertise of GTM software and its administration of them, including Salesforce, HubSpot, Gong, Outreach other major platforms
- Must be able to regularly flex schedule across global time zones to further One Team collaboration and execute within a global function
- BA degree in technology marketing; MBA preferred
- Aggressive growth orientation while able to have fun at the same time
- Genuine interest in learning about new forward-thinking technologies - including machine learning & artificial intelligence and how we deliver value to clients
- Deep commitment to building an ethical, world-class company with technology at its core
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity in our current environment
- You embody our Sama values, exemplifying Grit, Integrity, Get things done (GTD), and Humanity
Sama provides high-quality training data that powers AI technology for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We're experts in data curation and data annotation for 2D and 3D image, video, and sensor data for machine learning algorithms.. Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Founded in 2008 on the belief that "talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not",
Sama is driven by the mission to expand opportunities for those who are underprivileged. As a certified B-corp, Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
Today, our vision is to provide data scientists, ML engineers, and data operations teams with an indispensable, integrated platform for AI data preparation, labeling, and collection.
For more information, visit www.sama.com.
More information can be found at:
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Sama Honored on Inc. Magazine's Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
- Reversing Poverty - Ted Talk by our founder Leila Janah
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.Our Benefits:
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.