Position: Sales Operations Deal Desk Analyst
Reporting To: Deal Desk Manager
Remote: (Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA. or Austin, TX, or Remote Western US)
Are you seeking a Climate Tech leadership role that you can be excited and proud of as part of the clean energy transition?
Stem provides solutions that address the challenges of today’s dynamic energy market. By combining advanced energy storage solutions with Athena™, a world-class artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics platform, Stem enables customers and partners to optimize energy use by automatically switching between battery power, onsite generation and grid power. Stem’s solutions help enterprise customers benefit from a clean, adaptive energy infrastructure and achieve a wide variety of goals, including expense reduction, resilience, sustainability, environmental and corporate responsibility and innovation. Stem also offers full support for solar partners interested in adding storage to standalone, community or commercial solar projects – both behind and in front of the meter.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
The Sales Operations Analyst will focus on supporting the quoting process throughout the sales cycle to ensure quotes are in line with business and configuration guidelines. This person will provide support for sales team analysts who are the quote generators. As part of the booking process, they will review quotes, contracts, POs to ensure contracts signed match Salesforce.com records at each step in the process. This position is an important quality control check for the company and requires a high level of attention to detail.
This person will be expected to quickly develop an expert level understanding of Stem solution configuration, pricing, quoting, deal creation, discount approvals and contracting processes. They will support the maintenance of process records. This person will participate in other sales operations projects as needed.
- Review Quotes/Proposals and Order Forms for accuracy, pricing, and compliance
- Monitor and correct deviations in Salesforce deal entry through contract completion and receipt of customer PO; ensure a smooth handoff with deployments & customer operations teams
- Work within the Salesforce.com CRM system to ensure deal records are maintained
- Ensure day-to-day documentation of deal approvals are memorialized in the system of record (Salesforce)
- Maintain daily and weekly reconciliation of bookings in Salesforce
- Other sales operations duties as time permits
- Understanding of and experience with quote to cash processes and contract lifecycle required
- Experience with Salesforce and CPQ is a plus
- Strong Excel skills (must have strong math skills)
- Must be detail oriented, organized and a self-starter and can manage competing priorities
- Experience with Salesforce.com and quote tool applications is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Operations roles with 1+ year experience in Quote Desk or Deal/Order Desk is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- 4-year college degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred (or additional/ comparable experience)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX, or Remote Western US
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation along with your executed offer of employment.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.