Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
We are looking for a business analyst to join the Go To Market team that is responsible for working with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and improve existing GTM sales and marketing levers leveraged in the growth strategy. You will influence existing and future plans and playbooks with your data analysis, insights, and visualization to deliver strategic recommendations on our sales motions and improvements. We’re looking for a data & process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail and a track record of analytical problem-solving.
Role And Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CRO and CMO on an array of business initiatives, spanning go-to-market, strategy, operations, finance, organizational design and HR.
- Work on a project basis to develop solutions to complex business problems, leveraging advanced analytics, strategic thinking, and market research
- Support existing GTM teams of Vention on mission critical mandates, helping them reaching strong business solutions faster
- Participate in formal and informal end-of-day brainstorm with the CRO, to reflect on emerging priorities, align on next step and adjust business direction as needed
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership, bringing an analytical lense to complex business problems
- Act as the analytical authority within the GTM organization, driving analyses ranging from Account Executive productivity performance; ramp-up effectiveness to funnel optimization
- Build, improve and maintain the reporting infrastructure of the GTM team, including performance metrics and accuracy of forecasted results.
- Maintain intelligence on funnel performance and provide insight to optimize areas such as velocity, conversion and growth
- Drive the reporting drumbeat across various channels (ExCo, MBR, QBR etc.)
- Partake in the "Analytics Center of Excellence" of Vention, collaborating closely with other analysts across functions (i.e., supply chain, sales, product, data science, marketing, etc.)
- Use insights and findings from data analysis to build a narrative that accelerates growth and momentum in the business and GTM functions.
- 8-10 years of demonstrable progressive work experience including 3-5 years of experience in a high growth environment in data and/or financial analytics.
- Very strong attention to detail, experience developing processes to remove human error.
- Proficient in SQL and quantitative analysis, you can deep dive into large amounts of data, draw meaningful insights, dissect business issues and draw actionable conclusions.
- Outcome-driven approach to developing recommendations and demonstrated ability to develop a story and execution plan to support our goals and objectives.
- Exceptional communication (listening, written, and oral) skills with the ability to present findings and recommendations targeted to the audience in question.
- A drive to understand the core issues along with the determination to uncover the solution.
- Excels at dealing with ambiguity and change management.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.