At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking a data-driven, detail-orientated and hard-working revenue operations analyst to join the Sales Revenue Operations team, supporting the EU Core & AU Enterprise and Inside Sales organizations. The Sales Revenue Operations team is focused on optimizing internal operations, improving client acquisition, empowering client delight & establishing a company culture focused on driving revenue. We aim to make our Sales and Servicing organization more effective and efficient by simplifying and continuously improving our end-to-end sales processes, driving performance through adoption of best practices and operationalizing relevant sales compensation plans. In this role, you will work to enhance our sales compensation plan auditing and support solutions for complex, ambiguous and high-visibility business challenges. You will partner with cross-functional teams as well as sales to enhance the accuracy of our compensation plans and verify deal eligibility based on pre-defined criteria. You are deeply curious and persistent in gaining knowledge about our processes and products. Our business and the payments ecosystem constantly change, there is no room to stand still. If you are a fast learner, are willing to learn and grow, have a can-do attitude, and wants to solve problems in the most pragmatic way, we would like to talk with you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture and organizational objectives.
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with the company’s policies.
- Carry out assessments to identify and eliminate in-efficiencies in our compensation models and improve accuracy.
- Contribute to the Sales Compensation Plan design and ensure data integrity.
- Assist with the design/implementation process for Compensation system enhancements.
- Arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Providing analytical support in the development and maintenance of governance policies and compensation plans.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking commissionable deals in line with the Compensation Framework and deliver regular insights on the sales performance.
- Track and analyze metrics including pipeline and quota attainment.
- Usage of internal tools: SFDC & Tableau, for reporting, data analytics, sales forecasting and compensation.
- Collaborate with the wider global Sales Revenue Operations organization and other cross-functional teams to align on globally best in class practices and processes to drive efficiency.
- Increase sales productivity by optimizing and simplifying sales processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Provide the sales organization with best-in-class sales tools, training materials, and other relevant assets.
- Communicate effectively with the sales teams to convey important information.
- 2 years + Experience in compensation, financial analysis, sales operations and support, or related field
- Bachelor's degree, technical or business from accredited university
- Results-driven with a focus on productivity and efficiency
- Analytically strong and ability to manage data using Excel or other tools
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a complex organization
- Motivated self-starter, quick learner, proactive and action oriented. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to successfully navigate and within a complex business environment.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects under time pressure.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0098136