Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We're looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
In the Revenue Operations role, you will support our global sales teams through a period of hypergrowth and expansion into new markets and verticals, taking on a variety of strategic projects to drive sales productivity and performance. You will drive sales compensation design and systems, quota setting, and sales performance management. You will explore new strategies to drive business outcomes through our sales goals as we launch new products and services.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with Go-to-market leaders, Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Accounting, and other cross-functional teams across a hyper-growth, mission-driven startup!
What you'll do
- Manage global sales quotas, compensation design, and performance management
- Maintain and improve monthly performance management reporting to assess individual and team performance across our sales functions
- Develop effective and scalable operational processes across our global sales motions
- Improve and automate our variable compensation monthly payout process in CaptivateIQ
- Evaluate, analyze, and assess goal equity by vertical and geography
- Evaluate compensation design and strategy to drive business outcomes through our sales motions to align with new company objectives and initiatives
- Perform ad hoc analytical deep dives to help improve sales efficiency and performance
- A Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of experience across business operations, business analytics, sales operations, consulting, or investment banking
- You are highly analytical and detail oriented - you can execute on complex analyses and develop clear, accurate, and actionable reporting
- You're a systems thinker and enjoy managing, improving, and automating reporting and processes
- You have a bias for action, even with imperfect information and resources
- You have the ability to work independently, but are also highly collaborative and cross-functional
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $122,500 to $168,500 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $110,000 to $151,500 per year.
Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Faire's flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that's mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you'll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We're backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)