Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Sales Operations Analyst – Commissions will work closely with Sales Operations management and Sales management to provide on-going support and maintenance of our commission plans. Update and enhance commission plan materials and respond to inquiries from participants. Additionally, the Sales Operations Analyst - Commissions will develop, maintain, and deliver monthly and quarterly analyses, reports, and dashboards ensuring the accuracy of the information and identifying key points. The Sales Operations Analyst – Commissions role includes departmental coordination between Finance, Sales, and HR to execute commission plan strategies.
- Act as a primary commission support person for Sales Operations.
- Participate in the design and execution of new and existing commission plans.
- Prepare commission summaries and reports for management
- Maintain the documentation around commission processes and activities performed
- Review and analyze solutions by working with Management and Operations/Sales members
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and reporting
- Develop financial models for what-if analysis and scenario planning
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Communicate and work effectively with organizational departments on data management
- Works on moderate to complex commission plans and financial analysis projects
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these processes
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experience in commission plan design, analysis, and execution
- Ability to understand, manipulate and solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, with heavy emphasis on Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independent of direct instruction or supervision to achieve goals and objectives
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of employees and management throughout First American enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 3-5 years experience in business operations or similar roles
- 2+ years of analyst experience
Pay Range: $62,000 - $85,000 annually
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.