Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability
, and insights
. Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The role of the Senior Principal Deal Desk Analyst is to enable profitable revenue growth for the company. Working collaboratively across Sales, Legal, Finance and License compliance management teams and will manage large / complex deal reviews and be a trusted advisor to the Regional Sales VP and District Managers. We are a highly collaborative team who has a track record of providing outstanding support to the sales team.Responsibilities
- Drive and influence comprehensive deal reviews for large, complex deals
- Actively participate in the sales strategy to support revenue objectives
- Partner with sales and finance management, legal, order operations, and revenue on recommendations and options for deal structure and deal closure
- Advise customer contract negotiations; including pricing/discount structure, renewal terms, site license agreements and all commercial contract clauses
- Maintain current knowledge of product offerings, pricing promotions, and market/competitive intelligence
- Provide sales guidance on elements of a “good deal” using competitive insights and historical pricing in similar deals
- Develop and/or contribute to process improvement and control governance for your assigned territory
- Participate in projects, sales training and related initiatives from management as requested
- Provide regular process improvement/best practice input to finance leadership
- Own internal activities on key deals (structuring, problem-solving and support/approvals)
- Establish regular communication on aspects of licensing programs with all cross-functional teams
- 7-10 years in a deal desk, finance, business analysis, sales ops, and/or direct sales role
- Experience working within in a Enterprise, SaaS, or high-tech company is ideal
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working across geographies
- Experience in assessing multiple business and financial factors to make complex judgment calls
- Ability to work cross-functionally across various business units, adapt quickly and prioritize requests
- Strength in process documentation, presentation and training
- Technically Savvy with understanding of CRM & CPQ and Excel
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. If you only meet some of the asks for this role, that's OK! We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team. If you have the curiosity to learn and appetite to teach what you know, we encourage you to apply. Come as you are! Interested? Apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!