Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 7,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About the Deal Desk Team
The Deal Desk Team plays a critical role in the quote-to-contract process by ensuring deals are structured efficiently and in alignment with company policies. The team currently sits under the Operational Finance Organization which is spread across San Francisco and Barcelona. It is a rapidly growing team, with lots of cross-functional visibility, working closely with Finance, Sales, Legal, Partnerships, and more. Mixpanel's Deal Desk is currently based out of San Francisco and is looking to expand in Singapore in order to provide Deal Structure and CPQ support for our APAC & EMEA Sales teams.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who is able to apply critical thinking and problem-solving to unique contract scenarios and troubleshoot Salesforce CPQ with ease. The Deal Desk analyst should be detail oriented, have experience reviewing SaaS contracts, and are able to interpret non-standard terms and conditions. They are comfortable with ambiguity and adapt to priority changes in a rapid-paced work environment. This person excels at working independently, with minimal direct supervision, as well as collaboratively with their team and across different functions. The Deal Desk Analyst is able to effectively communicate with all relevant stakeholders and navigate decision making under pressure. Their presence on the team contributes to an overall efficiency of the Quote to contract process. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with the Senior Deal Desk Analyst.
- Be the first point of contact to review sales submitted quotes in Salesforce CPQ
- Closely review Quotes for non-standard terms & conditions to ensure all deals are structured in alignment with company policy
- Draft, modify, and finalize Order forms in Salesforce CPQ and deploy DocuSign envelopes
- Handle day-to-day queries related to deal structure and CPQ troubleshooting, serving as a subject matter expert for Salesforce CPQ processes
- Identify potential training issues and coordinate with internal teams to develop and deliver sales enablement tools
- Participate in testing of CPQ System fixes and enhancements as needed
- Help maintain a repository of Quote to Contract business rules and process flows for company-wide education
- Interpret the business and technical requirements of all stakeholders, and work closely with internal teams to create appropriate processes
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 2+ Years experience in a SaaS company performing any of the following functions: Deal Desk, Order Management, Sales Contract Support, Deal Management, Sales Quoting Support, or Revenue Operations
- Experience working with Salesforce CPQ or other CPQ tools
- Confidence reviewing sales contracts and an ability to recognize risk in deal terms and/or structure
- Impeccable communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize at times of high volume, as well as some schedule flexibility during End of Month and End of Quarter
- A solid framework of the overall Contract Lifecycle
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience building out a new organizational function
- Prior experience with process documentation and development of global training materials
- Basic knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers' success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can't win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We're the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we've seen a spike in our leading indicators—signups and weekly active users—which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we're the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world's most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We've immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.