About The Job
The mission of the Hopper Homes Supply team is to provide Hopper users the best selection of vacation rental homes, at the best price; by partnering with the best property managers and other OTAs around the world.
As such, the Supply Team is filled with talent ranging from business development to onboarding operations, from account management to product management and engineering. The right candidate for this role will work closely in collaboration with each of these functions.
The focus of the Sales Strategy & Operations Manager is to supercharge the effectiveness of the sales, onboarding, and account management functions. It requires a naturally curious individual who has a bias for action. This is an individual who will influence the direction of the commercial team by utilising data to drive clear decision-making and consequential action plans.
You could be a fit if you’re excited about working with teams to bring coherence to unstructured situations and clarity to complex problems. It will involve use of data analytics, commercial acumen, operational rigour, and astute handling of people in order to achieve our goals for 2023 and beyond.Minimum Qualifications
- Experience – 2+ years of relevant work experience and a track record of building innovative solutions to real-world problems in a rapidly scaling business organisation.
- Problem-Solver – Strong, structured, and creative problem-solver in a fast-paced and highly-ambitious commercial environment. Proficient at bringing order into sophisticated situations.
- Data Analytics – Able to manipulate data, and most importantly, translate insights into initiatives and actions for the team to execute against
- Communication – Clear and coherent communicator who is able to convey technical work to a non-technical audience effectively
- Self-Starter – Proactive and focused operator who is comfortable working with minimal guidance, ambiguity, and the challenge of rapidly evolving goals. Someone who understands how to prioritise, and finds ways to make things happen.
- Owner – No ego. Strong ownership on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Domain Experience – A mix of consulting/banking and operational roles, preferably in sales operations or business intelligence functions
- Industry Experience – Experience in the short-term rental market and a keen understanding of industry dynamics (eg. availability, pricing, connectivity, etc.)
- Understanding of Tools – Prior use and proficiency in Amplitude, Google BigQuery, SQL, and Salesforce
- Acquisition – Work collaboratively to analyse market data and direct acquisition efforts towards properties that align with our customers’ needs
- Partner Operations – Dive deep into supplier performance and make their partnership with Hopper the best in the industry - from fast and seamless onboarding to full-service account management
- Revenue Optimisation – Understand drivers of performance and collaborate with the Account Management team to leverage data in order to optimise the performance of our suppliers, and thereby grow Hopper’s revenue (eg. availability maximisation, price competitiveness, portfolio growth, listing quality etc.)
- Reporting – Support a rapidly scaling sales organisation by providing clear and accurate reporting, through dashboards and reports, for both internal and external audiences
- Tooling – Build best-in-class workflows and automations in Salesforce (and other tools) to maximise the output and speed of the commercial team
- Process Design – Design and implement improvements to ensure that the mechanisms of the supply team are always optimised for the achievement of north-star objectives
- Data Analytics & Insights – Proactively lead analytical projects to drive the ongoing effectiveness of the Homes Supply Team. Deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to drive business decisions both large and small
More About Hopper
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!