Leyton is a global consultancy firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes improve their business performance with innovation funding through underutilized tax strategies and incentives. Founded in 1997, we have grown to over 2000 employees in 13 countries, with US offices in Boston and San Francisco. Having a newer US presence gives us the feel of a startup with the financial stability of a larger company.
Our sales and strategic teams initiate rewarding conversations with hundreds of firms in 70+ niche markets. So far we've helped over 25,000 companies uncover tax credits to help fund innovation and accelerate the growth of their business. Our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice is rapidly growing, and we are looking to expand our team to serve an even broader base of clients.
Function of the role:
Leyton is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to lead our Sales Operation function and work closely with our sales leaders, tech stack vendors, and to support our sales organizations growth. This is a key role with executive-level visibility, a finger on the pulse of the overall business, and broad impact on the trajectory of our sales organization for someone who exhibits intellectual curiosity and rigor, and motivated innately to tackle some of the most critical challenges we face as an organization.
Reporting to our Head of Sales, you will act as a strategic partner to the sales leadership and lead high leverage projects and initiatives with the goal to help us move faster and prepare us for scale. The ideal candidate possesses strong business and sales experience and analytical skills and can not only think strategically but also get their hands dirty to optimize processes and push for change and improvements. They thrive working on projects independently as well as with a diverse set of stakeholders.
This is a key role within Operations, with broad strategic responsibilities, an opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of the business, and significant growth potential. The individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter with a strong track record of achievements, and both an obsession for rigorous work and bias for action.
What we offer you:
- Generous PTO including vacation, wellbeing days, and time to volunteer!
- Career Growth Opportunities – we're growing, fast!
- A voice in strategy, process, and your professional growth
- Extensive Training
- Flexible and autonomous work environment
- Comprehensive Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, FSA's, 401k with match
What you will do:
- Understand and become a trusted expert in the full technology stack that intersects with core sales operations activities (Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIN Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, and internal tools)
- Advise on the entire customer journey through Salesforce.com including, but not limited to, account and opportunity ownership updates, territory management, customer and prospect account updates, contact and lead management, sales tool management, etc.
- Provides analytics support for ideal target market for the multiple tax based services that Leyton provides.
- Provide day-to-day operational support of Salesforce.com including managing users, creating and maintaining custom objects and fields, handling bulk data migration, and maintenance of page layouts.
- Work cross functionally with other team members to deliver best in class service to solve operations process gaps.
- Identifies opportunities for training and coordinates with the learning and development team. At times, leads seminars for all-sales-team meetings.
- Develop an understanding and be able to execute advanced salesforce reporting in order to support job & project requirements.
- Evaluate other Sales tech stack tools for enhancements of workflows and the overall business.
- Clearly articulate process feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and present documentation including process maps to ensure adherence to Leyton policies and Procedures.
- Develop training and documentation for new processes and system implementation for the Solutions team
- Maintain regular meeting cadence with sales leadership and key stakeholders track and analyze key metrics
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Enjoy being a part of a fast paced environment and lively team culture.
- BS / BA Required
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of sales operations experience with start-up and or B2B organizations.
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology/sales playbook initiatives
- Advanced knowledge and technical experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, & Excel
- Experience with Sales specific technology stack required.
- Prior experience working cross-functionally to influence without authority is a must.
- Experience building out processes that maximize usability of the Sales tools to ensure data integrity
- Excellent verbal & written communication to both internal and external stakeholders
- A natural sense of urgency & collaborative mindset
- Proven track record of implementing complex business requirements within Salesforce
- Analytical thinker who can derive insights from data to improve process and training
- Aptitude in transforming data into narratives that help drive toward KPIs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.