Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to make live better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
· Panasonic Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
· Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
· Generous Parental Leave Top Up
· Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Purchase Program
· Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
· Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Panasonic Canada Inc. offers a Flexible Work Options policy which includes the ability to work remote, mobile, and create a compressed work schedule.
Division: Computer Hardware, Toughbooks (Enterprise Solutions Division)
Provides the daily production sequence planning for the computer configuration center. Provides the accurate setup and ongoing maintenance of Configuration master data. Processes orders and provides service to department customers. Participates in the resolution of exception handling across the Configuration processes. Resolves and follows up on customer, or product delivery requirements or issues. Acts as inside support for outside sales staff in the day-to-day management of accounts. Maintains data bases, prepares reports, and load sheets. Provides training where necessary.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
1. Production sequencing - Provides sequencing of all production orders to the computer configuration center according to FIFO, top ten projects and sales targets monthly. Ensures there is sequenced work provided daily to configuration center.
2. Ensures models are factory approved for sequencing and sequences accordingly. Follows detailed stock allocation reports and advises Team Lead / Marketing on variances. Follows up on hold and production orders in error for computer configuration.
3. Attends weekly configuration meeting and updates administration group on weekly configuration plan and any new information from Marketing and configuration provides to the process or plan. Bimonthly provides analytics on production order dates to improve customer delivery notification. Escalates any issues to management ongoing.
4. Order Processing - Processes distributor, dealer, and direct orders according to detailed departmental programs.
5. Ensures SOX policy is followed by attaching all associated documentation including special pricing and approvals, delivery arrangements and other order processing details. Monitors and tracks special price programs or promotions and communicates any issues surrounding price programs and policies.
6. Monitors stock availability and advises customers and internal staff of backorders. Allocates distribution of products upon arrival based on pre-determined criteria and/or upon advice of management.
7. Handles special customer requests regarding product orders, back-order information and delivery schedules. Ensures appropriate customer order data relating to account information, item/quantities, distribution methods, payment modes and other delivery terms is entered to SAP. Runs reports to verify data entered and follows up with dealers, management, finance or other internal contacts to correct any customer order issues.
8. Processes return authorizations in cooperation with the Service Department and Warranty product orders. Provides backup to order desk for vacation purposes.
9. Configuration Master Data - Ensures the accurate setup and ongoing maintenance of Configuration master data; components, FG materials, new BOM Structures and PRTS. Updates and maintains Material Master Load Sheets, including price changes, changes to carton weight and measure, vendor number, or country of manufacture. From time-to-time transfers stock in SAP to fill orders, transfers to fixed assets, or Master Sales Sample. Supports product allocations with direction from Marketing department.
10. Training - Provides customer service rep training on order desk functionality and processes, SOX policies and occasional sales rep training on SAP functionality as it relates to the order process and stock availability.
11. Provides backup support for exception handling in computer configuration order process. Supports MIS project initiatives as user acceptance tester as they arise. Provides MSS database support for vacation purposes for project manager computer configuration. Provides training for backup purposes for the production sequencing role.
12. Invoice Maintenance - Investigates any distributor or dealer invoicing problems relating to pricing errors, price protection, dealer rebates, spiffs, special pricing claims, short shipments, freight claims. Corrects any discrepancies in accordance with PCI pricing policies and procedures. Maintains and monitors account credit/debit charges relating to accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
13. Prepares credit documentation and enters pertinent account adjustments, including explanation of credit/debit request to facilitate approval by accounting,
14. Sales Support - Acts as inside support for the outside sales staff in the day-to-day management of their accounts, including but not limited to product availability, orders processed, and navigating SAP. Creates and maintains business information data base in connection with pricing information, quotations, proposals, customer sales history. Prepares reports as required.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Education: University or College degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Subject Matter Expert in SAP SD and master data, MIDAS and WMS and production extended functionalities.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills required to sequence the production orders in conjunction with stock allocation.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills to maintain good relations with customers and internal stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.