A Company’s Most Valuable Asset is its Employees
Veridos GmbH creates secure and pioneering identification and identity solutions. The joint venture between Giesecke+Devrient GmbH, Munich, and Bundesdruckerei GmbH, Berlin, pools the specialist expertise, many years of experience, and innovative power of the two largest German providers for high-security technologies to serve the international market. Veridos offers its customers a unique product portfolio from a single source. For instance, it covers the entire value chain for passports, from paper right through to the eGates. The German Company is a reliable partner valued by governments and public authorities throughout the world.
US remote, Fort Wayne, Indiana or Toronto, Canada
A key member of the NORAM leadership team, the successful Director of Sales Operations B&P (Bids & Proposals) oversees the overall competitive RFP capture and bid methodology and proposal execution ensuring an efficient, best practice, and data driven approach resulting in increased win rates.
He/she is responsible for collecting and monitoring the necessary pre-RFP information including but not limited to RFP release forecasts, opportunity landscape, and capture strategy, from the sales team in a timely manner.
Working across company subject matter expects, he/she is responsible for compliant RFP/RFI responses which express company differentiators and capture themes in a compelling narrative written to the intended audience(s). Responsible for all tasks associated with the proposal process including: writing, editing, monitoring and submission of bid proposals. With the assistance of the Proposal Coordinator, oversee the ongoing management and updating of all related content databases. The successful candidate will use their superior English writing and creative skills to gather information from SMEs, create content and collaborate with technical, management and production staff to plan, develop and produce winning proposals in response to request for Proposals (RFPs). The Proposal Manager will be working in a dynamic and fast-growing environment where deadlines are tight, priorities are constantly changing and high standards are to be met.
- Lead cross-functional teams to produce quality, compliant, winning bids within published deadlines.
- Work with sales team to prepare Pre-RFP capture plans including win strategies, discriminators, competitive SWOT, opportunity/customer landscape, budget, and likely scope.
- With support from the proposal coordinator and sales, lead RFP bid kickoff including proposal management plan, evaluation weight/points analysis, outline, storyboard(s), bid schedule, and writing/graphics assignments.
- Develop and manage a RFP requirements compliance matrix.
- Write and edit sections of proposals, complete document formatting, accuracy of content and proofreading.
- Create client-facing content that bridges the gap between high-level marketing materials and detailed technical descriptions, written to RFP evaluator audience, work with sales team to incorporate win strategies into proposal.
- Oversee the schedule of bid submission packages.
- Maintain an up-to-date bid schedule tracker and follow up on bid results.
- Serve as a mentor and trainer to the Proposal Coordinator on how to effectively use the content and enlist them in content creation projects.
- Collect, maintain, and enhance central knowledge base of reusable proposal base material such as subject content, data proof points, resumes, PMI standard plans, graphics, etc.
- Defining and continuous improvement of Tooling, Processes and Procedures for Proposals.
- Alignment on work methods and deliverables to optimize and reduce efforts required to produce winning proposals.
- Participation in Sales Meetings and Alignment Meetings jointly with regional and cross-regional selling organizations and active participation in the sales community
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with writing RFP/BID proposals and process in the government sector.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure compliance with RFP requirements.
- Able to interpret complex technical information into everyday language easily understood by a general audience.
- Entrepreneurial, confident, and a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and manage adversity.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and handle competing tasks with high quality standards and on-time delivery.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of employees.
- Must be confident in leading others through the document development process and in asserting that proposals meet all prospective client and RFP requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- US and/or Canada DMV and/or Identity experience.
- US State Government procurement experience.
- Proficiency Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Photoshop.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in English, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 5+ years related experience managing proposal activities in state or federal government environment
- U.S. or Canada Citizenship
- Certification or experience in B&P methodologies, Shipley, APMP or equivalent.
- Sitting in front of computer screens for long hours.
- If remote, infrequent travel to Veridos offices.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Veridos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a U.S. or Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.