Dotmatics is a leader in R&D scientific software connecting science, data, and decision-making. Its enterprise R&D platform and scientists’ favourite applications drive efficiency and accelerate innovation. More than 2 million scientists and 10,000 customers trust Dotmatics to help them create a healthier, cleaner, safer world. Dotmatics is a global team dedicated to supporting its customers in over 180 countries. The company’s principal office is in Boston, with 14 offices and R&D teams located around the world supporting the platform and its popular applications including GraphPad, SnapGene, Geneious, Protein Metrics, and Lab Archives.
Why work for us? The list is long but here’s just a few reasons:
As a global business, (that hasn’t lost its family feel) we can offer opportunities in locations across the world in EMEA, APAC, and US. We also offer a great work life balance, remote working or you are welcome to work in our offices, dedicated Cultural Ambassadors – even if you are a remote worker, you don’t need to feel like it! Excellent pay and benefits, generous saving schemes, equity & holidays. #LI-Remote
Dotmatics is looking for a Deal Desk Manager based remotely in the U.S. The Deal Desk Manager is responsible for leading key initiatives to improve the function and efficiency of global deal desk execution, from demand identification to delivery. As a member of the Sales Support team, you will partner with the Global Sales team to ensure the deal approval process is followed, and in the development of RFPs. You will also act a liaison between the sales team and executive reviewers.
In this role you will get to:
- Prepare, host, lead and document multiple weekly calls to review and receive executive approval for deals in the deal desk pipeline
- Ensure the completion of critical approval actions, operating at the same cadence and urgency as the sales team
- Maintain and update the RFP response templates, including drafting specific responses as needed
- Work collaboratively with the field and internal organizations such as Legal, Finance, Pre-sales and Sales Operations to ensure deals are executed with velocity and accuracy
- Assist in the maintenance of the delegation of approval matrix to support all deal approval level requirements
- Partner with the services, sales leadership and finance and ensure the deals maintain the financial rigor necessary to ensure margin thresholds are upheld
- Engage with the Sales Team to accelerate deal velocity, track sales velocity ratios and report out using Dotmatics BI tools
- Identify and manage overall risk management to identify themes and facilitate change control process
- Work with sales, customer success, finance, and services to maintain the foundational processes for a high-performing Deal Desk that can quickly review and close high-value new logo and renewal customers with unique circumstances
- Optimize and manage a continuous deal pipeline by ensuring sales follows deal desk guidelines and continuously revise deal desk processes to enable best practices
- Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the sales organization and support functions to facilitate deal composition and approvals
- Invent and simplify deal process and workflow
- Responsible for providing all project management and facilitation aspects of the deal desk process
- Be able to offer deal intelligence to assist in decision making
We are looking for people who have 2-5+ years of experience leading, managing and delivering projects, and supporting a sales team. You will have proven success in the Enterprise SaaS/B2B industry with Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations or Pricing experience. Ideal candidates will have a customer-focused, innovative and problem-solving approach to decision making and bring ingenuity and creativity to the deal execution process. Successful candidates are self-motivated, have a "do whatever it takes" mindset and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge in Finance
- Ability to learn and become a subject matter expert in Deal Desk software
- Experience in Direct and Channel Sales model, and pricing strategy and international business preferred
- Experience working with SFDC CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools preferred
- Ability to improve the execution process redefinition to reduce touches, drive accountability and build deep collaborative relationships
- Excellent communicator, self-aware, transparent, collegial open to feedback with exceptional facilitation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume, possess excellent time management skills
- Effective change agent, constantly challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology to drive breakthrough results
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles
Research shows us the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting outstanding candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.