The Tribune, a news organization committed to "digital first, then print" coverage of Medford, Oregon and the surrounding area, is seeking an experienced Publisher/CRO to take the helm and guide this new venture to success. The Publisher/CRO must be committed to highly localized journalism through service in the community and sound, hands-on leadership of the newspaper's management team and staff.
The Tribune is a new publication created by EO Media Group, an Oregon-based, family-owned company with deep roots in the media industry. To learn more, go to www.eomediagroup.com. While the paper will be printed three times per week, content will be published daily online, to meet the constant demand for local, credible news.
Medford - population 87,000 - is a fast growing city in southern Oregon, serving as a regional shopping and medical center on the I-5 corridor. The area boosts exceptional entertainment, wineries and outdoor activities.
This position has primary leadership responsibility for industry growth and operations with a focus on sales, marketing and financial management, a strong appreciation for journalistic standards and a great workplace culture. The publisher will also be the face of the business and become deeply connected to community issues, events and organizations. This position will also have a seat on the leadership team for the entire company.
Essential duties include:
- Oversee all newspaper operations with a focus on sales, marketing, financial management, and lively, hyper-local journalism.
- Manage P&L to ensure financial growth with ultimate responsibility for the financial health of the operation including but not limited to creating and managing the overall budget.
- Promote the publication's positive presence in the community.
- Direct the online footprint for the publication and help guide our company toward an increasing digital presence.
- Advocate to be sure advertiser and subscriber needs are met at high levels.
- Coordinate with off-site teams throughout the company - including accounting, HR, IT, design and call center - for efficient flow of operations.
- Implement effective operations through all departments to uphold the values of excellence and service.
- Other duties and responsibilities typical of hands-on publisher will be expected as necessary.
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years experience at the publisher level, have a proven track record in revenue growth, and be a positive, self-motivated, detail-oriented leader who will continually develop the local team.
When applying, upload your resume and cover letter.