Canyon Ranch has been a trailblazer and an industry-leading proponent of the wellness lifestyle for over 40 years, operating the world's most celebrated collection of life-enhancement properties.
We have three immersive wellness destinations: Tucson, Arizona; Woodside, California; Lenox, Massachusetts.
In addition, Canyon Ranch operates the world’s largest day spa at The Venetian & The Palazzo hotels in Las Vegas. Canyon Ranch is a multi-year winner of Travel + Leisure's Best Spa Award, an multi-time recipient of the Condé Nast Traveler Best Destination Spa Award.
Canyon Ranch Woodside received the 2020 World Spa Award for Best California Wellness Retreat and was again recognized in 2021. Well + Good has recognized Canyon Ranch Woodside in the top seven all-inclusive luxury wellness resorts.Responsibilities
Do you value work-life-balance, living a healthy lifestyle and inspiring those around you? This position is perfect for you! Share these values with your clients by providing access to a venue that supports leadership’s goals through meetings and retreats! Simply stated - we want to inspire YOUR well way of life and for you to inspire a well way of meeting.
We are seeking a senior sales manager with experience selling executive meetings and retreats and/or adjacent services and products. Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreat provides a unique opportunity for groups - The Exclusivity of a buy-out, all-healthy meals and breaks to maximize energy, focus, and performance; wellness experts to supplement their agenda with wellness content and physical activities immersed in nature. And if relaxation is what they are looking for - we have that too!
You will strengthen awareness and grow the customer base through your client interactions.
You will take an active role in the community by joining/attending social and professional clubs and network at charitable events.
This is an entrepreneurial role where you are in charge of your destiny. With 38 rooms to sell, you are not competing with other sales managers - and you only need to focus on your property.
You are responsible for driving occupancy and profitability for the Retreat from both group and leisure business. You are surrounded and supported by a team of seasoned operational leaders, champions of service and a national sales team spread across the United States.Qualifications
Qualifications and Responsibilities include:
- Proactively generate new group business while maintaining and nurturing existing key accounts and soliciting leisure business
- Identify, qualify, and solicit new business to achieve personal and property revenue and occupancy goals
- Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities and overall brand awareness
- Focus efforts on accounts with significant potential sales revenue
- Develop and execute a business plan and sales strategy for both the group and leisure markets that ensures achievement of company occupancy goals and profitability.
- Work with cross property and national colleagues to develop creative ideas and proposals
- Maximize revenue by upselling packages and curated programs
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts
- Conducting sales activities including sales calls throughout California and other major feeder markets, client entertainment, site-inspections, educational retreats for travel advisors and meeting planners, B2B appointment shows, etc
- Manage and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulously document all sales activities to enable the team to act quickly and effectively throughout the sales and operations process
- Utilize company tools and programs to maximize job efficiencies
- Execute and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Provide timely reporting to VP Sales and property General Manager regarding forecasting and performance.
- Execute our Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards through the sales process emphasizing our values and distinctions
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Business Administration, or related major
- 5 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
This is a hybrid role with an anticipated 40% of your time on property and 60% of your time engaged in sales activities in market or from home
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and 401k
- YouPlay Benefit - Exclusive access and discounted programs at Canyon Ranch properties