Who We Are
Join a rapidly growing company revolutionizing the trucking industry! Cargomatic is the leading technology platform and digital marketplace for powering world-class, local trucking. Local trucking is the lifeblood of every regional economy, and yet this industry still relies heavily on phone calls and fax machines. Cargomatic is transforming the way goods move around metropolitan areas by connecting shippers and commercial truck drivers with mobile technology. We are solving complex, real-world problems every day and giving full transparency to the shipping process.
About The Role
Do you enjoy the challenge of leading pricing strategy in a national, multi-segmented business, where every market requires a unique approach? If so, this is the role for you! Cargomatic is currently seeking a Director or Senior Director, Strategic Pricing to support our team. This position will be responsible for the development, distribution, and utilization of data and metrics to predict, improve, and measure the success of Cargomatic’s revenue streams. Responsibilities also include executive reporting, margin analysis, forecasting, competitive intelligence, and other key corporate initiatives.
In This Role, You’ll
- Establish the strategic direction and objectives for the pricing function, including supporting the reporting and analytics needs for all revenue streams
- Develop, update, and maintain evaluation and pricing strategies at the market and segment level; lead efforts on product change initiatives
- Provide dedicated support for sales and operations leaders, focusing on initiatives that will enable improvements in planning, efficiency, margins, controls, and the customer experience
- Lead the development of pricing of new and existing products; collaborate with other functions and senior management to evaluate the cost/benefit of market opportunities and new initiatives
- Partner closely with Finance to provide critical inputs during monthly management reporting, quarterly board reviews, and annual operating planning
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Math, Statistics, Engineering; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of strategic pricing experience
- Solutions oriented with a bias to action
- Smart, collaborative, and able to communicate clearly; can talk through difﬁcult issues with colleagues and make decisions based on evidence and argument, not ego or title
- Passionate about motivating high performance teams that deliver results
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and a mentality of constant improvement
- Experience working within an evolving, entrepreneurial, high-growth company and culture
- High level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Transportation industry experience is a plus
- Competitive pay
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Work in a high-growth company redefining logistics and supply chain!
The expected salary range for this role is $150,000 to $200,000.The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and other factors permitted by law.Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
Ideal candidate will be based in the Midwest, AR, IL, or TX.