Position: Sales Operations Co-op/Intern
Date: May 1st, 2023 to August 30th, 2024
Location: Hybrid in Toronto, Canada
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The Customer Experience organization provides a common interface to customers including account and relationship management, acting as the voice of the customer internally and creating demand across our business groups. While bringing deep understanding of local markets for our customer, the CX organization ensures strong alignment between sales and delivery teams.
Nokia is continuing to build a world class enterprise sales team focused on the enterprise market in Canada. As a global leader in high speed fiber to the home, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, Nokia offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move. Nokia is a global leader in Delivering Mission Critical Telecommunications Networks to State and Local Government agencies worldwide. Our Goal is to ensure that networks are built Reliable, Secure, and Cost effective with best of breed products and so our customers can achieve their goals today and in the future.
Currently a candidate for a bachelor's or diploma at an accredited Canadian college or university.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you ready to learn and grow in a career, while making a difference? We are looking for an energetic person looking for a career in sales, a can-do attitude & team player, and willingness to learn, that will support customer teams responsible for selling. The role we are recruiting for will be working for multiple Sales Managers in Canada.
The successful candidate it not only offers an exciting opportunity to learn & excel. You will have the opportunity to:
- Be exposed to the full sales life cycle, managing the sales process, engage with different customer teams, business units, financial, legal, delivery teams and sales support functions
- Support assigned customer team in achieving business financial objectives in respective customer accounts, and partner with sales engineers to understand customer challenges and requirements
- Learn how to cultivate sales relationships for strategic accounts / within broad product or business areas and work sales strategies and practices to achieve order and revenue targets and service goals for the customer accounts.
- Provide a chance to work in a dynamic, highly functional, and successful sales team with a broad range of skills and knowledge spanning the entire Nokia portfolio and addressing the full spectrum of the telecoms market.
- Work with Marketing on managing all Tradeshow communication, bookings, registrations, speaking slot internal communication, product/demo coordination and marketing collateral
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- An interest in communications technology.
- Commercial acumen.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion to succeed.
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2023!
“My experience at Nokia has been amazing, one of the best learning experiences I ever had in my life. As Co-op student, it was an honor to be treated as any other full-time employee at Nokia. I got the freedom to design & implement my ideas. Working at Nokia as a Co-op student was the best thing that ever happened, it was a life changing opportunity.” – Ummar Tantray, Former Nokia Co-op student, Fall 2020
Follow and engage with us on social media:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter @NokiaCareers
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!