The Director of Demand Planning influences leadership across the organization to ultimately optimize the inventory and service levels. A key operational role within a rapidly expanding luxury beauty brand, the Director is responsible for the demand planning function and S&OP process execution and development. It is an impactful and essential role linking marketing, sales and operations teams in the building of a collaborative, healthy and thorough sales forecast, and in triggering timely strategic discussion about the risks and opportunities revealed by the medium to long term plans.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated demand planning expertise, who is not only experienced in getting results but also in embedding demand planning best practices across functions. This individual will be a process owner but will also need great analytical skills to inspire the demand planning team and wider cross functional stakeholders. An interest and affinity for leading systems evolution projects is desirable.Role Accountabilities
In Addition To These Responsibilities, You Will
- Lead and inspire a demand planning team of three.
- Support the development, review and implementation of an accurate forecast for use in financial, production and strategic planning processes.
- Drive the continuous improvement of the demand planning and inventory management processes and systems.
- Interact & collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Finance partners in the development of the forecast. Challenge the forecast based on analytical data - both quantitative (shipments/consumption) and qualitative (marketing, advertising, promotion) demand signals.
- Assure reconciliation of forecast with financial trend and clearly communicate risks & opportunities. Animate the forecast signoff meetings to ensure objectives are clearly identified and decisions are made.
- Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize out of stocks and prevent the build of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Interact with supply planning partners to identify forecast deviation and/or supply chain constraints and establish safety stock levels. Ensure on-time availability of product, developing action plans or alternatives for delayed product.
- Effectively coordinate with the NPD controller to ensure that strategically important new launch issues are incorporated into the S&OP agenda to optimise desired outcomes.
- Participate in the pre-budget/budget process.
- In co-ordination with the Supply Planning Manager, use forecast and performance data to support the determination of optimal procurement parameters, maximising availability through the hedging of risks.
- Working closely with the e-commerce business & customer care teams to support customer service requirements, stock holding, exceptional requests and supply chain needs, and building these into the demand plan.
- Be the subject matter expert on the demand planning process and systems to ensure consistency in the process and development of the function (people, process, and systems/tools) as the business grows.
- Providing support and assistance to the Head of Supply Chain in the execution of supply chain projects.
You will need to be comfortable with and excited by the following:
- Presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Working effectively across a rapidly growing global organisation.
- Having both a macro and micro view of business trends; using detailed analysis to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Coordinating a wide range of functional stakeholders in order to have the best possible inputs into the S&OP process.
- Maximizing the delivery of sustainable improvements in supply chain KPIs.
- Delivering new capabilities to the demand planning and business intelligence systems and processes.
reporting to VP, Supply ChainRequirements
Key Selection Criteria:
You Will Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years Supply Chain planning related experience and minimum 2-3 years direct Demand Planning experience
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in demand planning role(s)
- Organized, thorough and detail-oriented
- Numerate, analytical and a good problem-solver
- Inquisitive, resilient, someone who sees things through
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptive to new situations and changes in direction
- A relentless desire to critically analyse performance and deliver improvements
- An affinity for systems would be a plus
Base Salary Range:
$155,000 - $165,000**About The Charlotte Tilbury Brand
Charlotte Tilbury understands the power of beauty like no-one else. With over 25 years at the forefront of the makeup industry working with the world’s A-list models, celebrities and designers, Charlotte has poured her best-kept secrets into an edited but ‘all you need’ skincare, make-up and fragrance collection.
She knows more than anyone that when you look good, you feel good and project confidence. You carry yourself differently and, in turn, the world reacts to you in a different way. At the age of thirteen, Charlotte personally discovered the transformative power of makeup. Since then, she has been helping others – starting with her school friends, to the most discerning women around the world today – look their most beautiful.
Charlotte believes that beauty is not an exclusive club and makeup is everyone’s secret weapon! Charlotte has created an uncompromising collection for everyone who are as likely to do their makeup on the run with a mobile phone in hand as they are to sit down at a vanity table. She has decoded her expertise into essential makeup tricks, tips and tools that are EASY TO CHOOSE
, EASY TO USE
, Charlotte is determined to revolutionise beauty.
At Charlotte Tilbury, we love what we do and strive to be the best. Dare to dream, make it happen, break all the rules - join us in our revolutionary journey and challenge the status quo of the beauty industry.