Do you have innovative ideas about Revenue Operations? Are you passionate about building and doing things the right way? Do you get excited about improving the internal experience for our Sales & CS professionals, cross-functional stakeholders and our partner community? If this describes you, Expel is looking for a Director of Revenue Operations who will have a strategic impact in the way things get done and drive productivity for our team.
Maybe you've worked in "that sales culture" before and agree there's a better way. Maybe you're passionate about process, data, and discovering and solving problems, and you want to enable teams to create (and keep) customers in a scalable, repeatable way. If being part of a team that cares about how we get the deals closed in addition to meeting our sales goals there may be a place for you on our crew.What Expel Can Do For You
What You Can Do For Expel
- Embed you in a company that cares about doing things the right way. Processes should be elegant, metrics should be thoughtfully used to solve business problems, and our crew is empowered to identify and fix problems
- Help you build the things we need to scalably create and guide our customers. Marketing, Finance, and Product are all invested along with you in every aspect of the customer journey
- Give you the opportunity to shine as you refine, refactor, and scale our revenue operations capabilities
- Help you bolster your reputation in the industry as someone who builds thoughtful processes, metrics, and inter-department processes, resulting in a smooth running, smartly executing sales team
What You Should Bring With You
- Build the overall strategy for Revenue Operations - identifying areas of efficiency, improved adoption of sales tools or processes.
- Grow an operations team to scale the support of Deal Desk, Partner Operations & Revenue Systems.
- Establish the operational strategy for a growing partner organization across various routes to market.
- Streamline and improve the tools used by our Revenue teams.
- Scale the Deal Desk to support international sales teams with aligned processes and policies.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, sales programs, sales enablement, sales operations, sales strategy and/or customer success operations.
- 3+ years experience managing deal desk, revenue / sales systems, partner operations.
- Extraordinary listening, communication, and conflict management skills
- Knowledge of how to use Salesforce and associated tech stacks to build sales processes (I.E. Clari)
- Experience setting direction based on limited guidance or through self-identified business needs
- A bachelor's or post-graduate degree in a related field, or a similarly compelling series of life experiences
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia. However, we realize that while there is a benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia. Remote work is an option for this role.Additional Notes
The targeted compensation range for this role is between: $195,000 USD and $200,000 USD + equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.