President/Chief Operating Officer
Our client, a private equity backed self-publishing services company, has need for a President/COO. The President is responsible for leading the company’s day to day operations and revenue efforts comprised of sales, marketing, brand, loyalty, digital and revenue management. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of leading operations, sales process management, marketing strategy, strategic partnerships, lead generation and CRM. The individual will be focused on implementing revenue strategies and objectives which maximize revenues and optimize business results across all market segments. This Executive is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ability to address complex issues and execute multifaceted plans for a variety of functions.
- Participate on senior leadership team to establish goals and deliver strategies through direct sales team management, new business development, marketing strategy, systems communication, distribution, strategic partnerships, customer experience and brand marketing innovations
- Lead strategic planning efforts for the commercial disciplines, ensuring that programs and initiatives align to company-wide business objectives and strategies
- Analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, optimal and seasonal market mix.
- Focus on user experience and brand experience excellence across all consumer touch-points from initial brand impression through sales funnel to closing.
- Work with the leadership team in recommending and implementing innovative and effective Sales, Brand Marketing, and Revenue Management programs for all brands
- Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning/product offering.
- Work with team to ensure ongoing training to improve performance and drive retention,
- Act as a liaison with electronic distribution channels
- Provide a monthly analysis to management complete with view on future performance across all market segments.
- Develop sales strategies across all available distribution channels.
- Continually monitor competitive landscape to ensure best practices in positioning, content, availability, and price.
- Compile data, analyze trends, and develop accurate weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Update and maintain all revenue management tools.
- Work effectively with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating, and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach consistent with the company’s culture.
- Develop internal talent that facilitates future growth opportunities for team members
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in business/management
- Minimum 10 years experience in sales, marketing and revenue field required, with career progression into senior management position
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in senior leadership role
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, continuing to deliver quality service and consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with Marketing, Sales management, Revenue Technology and Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations business leaders
- Travel may be required, though somewhat infrequently
- Proactive leader with ability to collaborate and develop emerging talent