Revenue Operations Manager - 100% Remote, Work from Home
, a high-growth startup founded by ex-Googlers, combines remote-working live agents with artificial intelligence to deliver superior 24/7 customer engagement on behalf of small and medium businesses, primarily through virtual receptionists, sales outreach, and chat. Smith.ai is a place where culture matters, personal and career growth are encouraged, and work-from-home is a way of life. If you’re looking for your next big challenge to tackle, in a mature work environment that operates at a rapid pace, this might be your next big role.
About The Role:
The Revenue Operations Manager will own, implement, maintain, and optimize lead-to-cash systems and processes to maximize selling time for sales reps and streamline oversight by sales management. This role will be responsible for configuring and maintaining our revenue systems -- and the data drawn from them -- to meet the daily needs of our staff, to support strategic growth, and to ensure we scale with as few hiccups as possible.
We have multiple technologies within sales operations that require constant development, troubleshooting, and maintenance, and as we continue to scale it is imperative that we have someone singularly focused on optimal usage of these systems. It is also critical that we extract the right data at the right time from them to affect sales and marketing decisions, both micro and macro.
Well qualified candidates will have substantial experience running revenue operations and comfort taking on this inaugural role at Smith.ai. Top candidates will have managed revenue operations independently, in remote work environments, and for fast-paced sales teams whose deals range from transactional to enterprise. Smith.ai sells a wide range of solutions, some of which attract buyers moving at a fast pace (one call closes, where efficiency is critical) to multiple-stakeholder prospects moving at a slower speed (where sales cycle management is key).
This is primarily a revenue maximization and analyst role, and only in support of that, does it include participation as a tech support liaison (tech support for Salesforce and other systems are already resourced). This role does include serving as a supporting analyst to facilitate tactical and strategic decisions between sales, marketing, finance, and product/engineering teams.
This individual will have an immense impact on all frontline sales teams, but especially sales managers by allowing them to focus on the enablement, coaching, and vision for their groups. The ideal candidate believes it’s their primary concern to ensure tight sales systems, fast workflows, and clean data.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain the systems and processes needed to support execution of the sales strategy. These systems may include calendaring, CRM, sales engagement, and workflow tools.
- Own the data insight strategy from lead-to-cash to enable sales leadership to measure, forecast, and improve performance at team and AE levels.
- Perform ongoing analysis to reduce lead leakage and identify areas of system workflow and AE behavioral improvement so sales leadership can more efficiently coach and train to results.
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to troubleshoot system integration and functionality issues for prompt resolution.
- Prioritize and drive the implementation of sales team feedback and systems improvements, coordinating with frontline and top-line managers to ensure alignment, and implement training on these systems as needed in partnership with sales enablement and training teams.
- Manage the cleanliness of data within our sales systems to ensure accuracy and clarity between teams (particularly: sales, marketing, onboarding, and client success), and ensure updates to sales and lead development processes are gapless and don’t result in lost or inaccurate data.
- Document integrated systems and processes for clear visibility, mutual understanding, and improvements.
- Assist with the creation and ongoing maintenance of users, roles, and permissions in our systems.
- Serve as a liaison for the change management and release processes of our multiple integrated systems (Salesforce, Outreach, Calendly, Front, etc.) in collaboration with the product and engineering teams.
- Drive a clear and common understanding of current state and forecasting.
- Develop custom reporting to provide necessary operational insights to the business for sales rep enablement as well as leadership insights that create a core and agreed understanding among all stakeholders.
- Support sales leadership in developing sales team incentives that align with financial goals, what can be measured, and what can be impacted by sales team members.
Who You Are:
This role requires an individual who can see around corners, anticipate needs, and solve possible problems before they happen. Excellent communication and cross-functional management abilities are critical for anyone working in this capacity.
We see this individual as a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities. You have strong attention to detail, you understand the information needed for every role in a high-velocity, SMB sales org, and you possess exceptional data prowess. You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You demonstrate strong business judgment and you’re skilled at breaking down complex, high-level ideas into executable deliverables and guidance.
This should both describe and resonate with you:
- 5+ years of experience independently managing revenue operations at a fast-paced startup with a sales team including over 10 sales reps.
- Excellent command of revenue operations technologies, tactics, and methodologies used in SaaS and other high-velocity sales organizations.
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, seeking buy-in and alignment at every project stage.
- Relationship-builder: You should have the ability to quickly build and earn trust through deep understanding of your audience, business experience and application of best training and facilitation practices
- Data-driven: Ability to use data to design and measure enablement
- Strategic problem solver: you look beyond the immediate task to understand the business issue, what the organization is trying to solve for and apply the right solution.
- Must be a self-directed, self-starter, with proven success in a remote work environment.
Life at Smith.ai
We’re a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Powered by JazzHR