Sales Operations Manager
Director of Marketing and Sales Operations
: Sales & Marketing
: $77,700 to $103,700 (depends on experience)
The Lightning team works with forward-thinking fleets to engineer, deliver, and manage full transportation electrification solutions, including vehicles, charging, data analysis, and energy infrastructure.
Lightning eMotors has been providing specialized and sustainable fleet solutions since 2009, deploying complete zero-emission-vehicle (ZEV) solutions for commercial fleets since 2018 – including Class 3 cargo and passenger vans, ambulances, Class 4 and 5 cargo vans and shuttle buses, Class 4 Type A school buses, Class 6 work trucks, Class 7 city buses, and motor coaches. The Lightning eMotors team designs, engineers, customizes, and manufactures zero-emission vehicles to support the wide array of fleet customer needs with a full suite of control software, telematics, analytics, and charging solutions to simplify the buying and ownership experience and maximize uptime and energy efficiency.
Why join Us?
Here at Lightning, we focus on innovation, exceeding expectations, collaboration, integrity in our work, and respect for all.
We are a fast-growing public company which enables us to continue scaling our teams and capabilities while also maintaining our leadership within the commercial electric vehicle market. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of the team, working with like-minded professionals who are dedicated not only to making a difference in our world but also transforming the automotive industry.
About Our Headquarters
We are headquartered in the heart of beautiful Northern Colorado!
Loveland is located just 45 minutes north of Denver/DIA; 40 minutes from Boulder; 35 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park; and only 15 minutes from Fort Collins, the home of Colorado State University. Whether you are an art lover, outdoor enthusiast, foodie, wildlife admirer, big-city dreamer, or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location; and Lightning eMotors is grateful to be a part of this wonderful city.
Visit us at:
The Sales Operations Manager is an integral part of our marketing and sales team and is critical to achieving our goal to be the leading zero-emission powertrain provider for fleets. This role supports the sales process with reporting, lead-to-order process execution, maintaining dashboards on KPIs for sales and marketing. Additionally, this role will support the sales team with NetSuite (our ERP/CRM) as well as assist senior leadership with reports that reinforce the growth of Lightning eMotors.
Our ideal candidate will have experience serving as an administrator for a major CRM – Salesforce, NetSuite, SAP, etc.
- Monitor the Lead-to-Order process by maintaining close communications with the sales and channel partners, ensuring the process for moving prospects to new customer intake is followed.
- Coordinate with the sales team to confirm incoming POs meet intake requirements and assist with tracking down any missing information. Perform PO intake and communicate with stakeholders.
- Design the system to track and report on leads as well as monitoring prospects to ensure all leads are optimized.
- Conduct new PO kickoff meetings, coordinating with Technical Account Manager team.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly reports for SEC earnings calls.
- Keep up-to-date and report on sales pipeline and backlog during weekly calls.
- Design and implement the tracking and reporting processes for sales and marketing.
- Report to senior leadership regarding marketing campaign effectiveness, conversion to opportunities, revenue generation, etc.
- Manage the sales demo coordination.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully with all colleagues and customers. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the ability to listen intently to others. You should feel comfortable presenting information to executive leadership and participating in discussions, voicing differing views as needed.
- Flexibility: Ability to respond appropriately and timely to unexpected challenges and shifting priorities. You should be resourceful and creative; and possess enthusiasm for learning more about the Electric Vehicle (EV) industry.
- Time management: Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, remain organized, and focused on work in a manufacturing environment.
- Customer Service: Passion for delivering exemplary service. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. You should also be collaborative and exhibit a positive attitude toward your work and colleagues.
- Organized: Possess strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to work independently.
What we require:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Sales Operations, Marketing, Communications, or a closely related field of study; or equivalent work experience in a directly related role
- 5 years of experience in a marketing and/or data analysis role
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
What we prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales Operations, Business, or other related field
- Demonstrated experience with ERPs, NetSuite is highly preferred
- Experience working in a public company
- Project management experience
Working environment/Physical Requirements:
- This position involves sedentary and often repetitive administrative work in an office environment.
- Walking short distances may be required.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry items in excess of 40 pounds (occasionally) and up to 10 pounds (frequently).
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, kneel, stoop, bend, lift, squat, push, pull, reach overhead, reach away from body, and perform repetitive motions.
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Lightning eMotors is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Powered by JazzHR