Sales Operations Specialist (Global Events & Special Projects)
At Musco, the industry-leader in sports lighting, our motto is, “We Make It Happen.” There is a can do, innovative spirit here. We are problem solvers, always up for the next challenge. While our headquarters are in Oskaloosa, Iowa, we are a global company, providing lighting solutions at stadiums, arenas and venues in more than 125 countries.
The Musco Global Operations Team is currently seeking a Global Events & Special Projects Global Sales Operations Specialist to work from our Oskaloosa office. This position will focus on coordinating the sales process and logistics; including pricing, bid documentation, communication, shipments, schedules, and the allocation of resources to meet or exceed sales and profitability goals for global events and special projects. If you’re solutions-focused, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator, we look forward to hearing from you. More details about the role are below.
Who is Musco?
Musco is the global leader in sports and large area lighting solutions. We believe work should be fun – at Musco, you are part of world-class projects ranging from the London Stadium to the New Orleans Saints Mercedes-Benz Superdome to Iowa State University’s Hilton Coliseum, to major transportation hubs, to your local Little League stadium. Our Team-first culture enables us to envision, create, refine, and guarantee the best lighting systems. We are forward thinking, always striving to create the next generation of technology. A privately held company since 1976, our supportive and caring culture is based on relationships and creating value. If you’d like to work with a Team that appreciates you, and is invested in your future, Musco may be a great fit for you.
What does Musco offer?
At Musco we offer opportunities for meaningful work at a company you can be proud of. That includes supporting learning through on-the-job experiences and options to develop and grow through different roles within your organization. We value our Team Members and support a work-life balance with flexibility for you to volunteer in your community, attend family activities, or to simply have time to do the things you enjoy.
In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance – comprehensive plans with low out-of-pocket costs
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Profit sharing – up to 20% of eligible compensation annually
- 4% 401K match – immediately vested
- 100% paid Team Member premiums for life insurance and short-term disability insurance
What does Musco do?
We make a difference in your hometown and on the world stage through innovative lighting and field solutions. We do so all while working to reduce glare and protect the night sky. Musco is proud to partner with the International Dark Sky Association in offering efficient lighting solutions that help minimize light pollution. In addition, we believe helping others is a priority. If giving back is important to you, learn more about Musco’s Mini-Pitch System™ Solution in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation where we’ve helped youth in underserved areas have access to more recreational opportunities.
What you will do as a Sales Operations Specialist (Global Events & Special Projects) :
- Attend meetings with customers, sales, and contractors to coordinate project details and schedules for major televised sporting events including Olympics and World Cup opportunities and other special projects
- Manage the complete project process from initial planning through project completion by coordinating and communicating project schedules including product deliveries and logistics, installation schedules, customer schedules, and vendor schedules in order to complete projects on time
- Build relationships with key global clients, organizations, and committees
- Serve as a resource to installation team by coordinating issues with vendors and customers leading up to, during, and following special events; remotely or on-site
- Identify issues or problems that affect the ability to accomplish goals and take action to resolve in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain strong communication and relationships with contractors, specifiers, engineers, and vendors, as well as the internal sales team and customers
- Help facilitate billing and credit procedures as needed
- Analyze, monitor, and maintain quality of information in systems on all assigned projects to ensure communication of project details and accurate sales and shipment projections to the team
- Have working knowledge of standard Musco products and solid understanding of project’s scope and installation requirements
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, International Studies, or a technical field preferred
- Two years previous experience in a technical customer support role is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills
- Excellent technical and problem-solving abilities
- Works well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-directed within a team environment with the ability to manage multiple tasks and schedules at one time
- Detailed, organized, and results driven with strong personal initiative
- Knowledgeable and able to discuss with customers the attributes of Musco product
- Understanding of Musco and company business practices
- Knowledge of the sales and public bidding processes
- General understanding of electrical and structural
Other special requirements:
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Occasional overtime and evening/weekend hours may be needed
- Able and willing to travel outside of the United States
- 10% travel on a regular basis with up to 20% travel during special events may be required (with up to 2–3-week occasional trips a possibility)
At Musco, we make it happen and want you to be a part of it.
Join Musco where we are Team first, where possibilities come to life, and where we work on local and global solutions that matter. Together “We Make It Happen” – we invite you to apply at musco.com/careers. Stay connected with us on social media to learn more about the Musco Team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)