Blink is looking for a Chief Revenue Officer to join our executive leadership team as Blink continues to grow and expand globally.
Our Chief Revenue Officer will be in a pivotal role on our C-team, responsible for revenue generation at Blink. This person will oversee our Business Development and Marketing teams, ensuring these teams have a clear strategy for meeting company revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy for a high-growth company, with a proven track record for achieving business goals and leading teams to success. Sharp business acumen and a proven ability to grow and mentor teams will be necessary. Experience selling services and an understanding of the design space are highly desired.
This person will report to our CEO and join a collaborative and innovative team of executives, working together to achieve Blink’s mission to enrich people’s lives by creating products that people use, love, and remember. The Chief Revenue Officer will be an integral piece of seeing this mission fulfilled by developing a world-class revenue generation team that optimizes the sales and marketing functions to drive revenue and growth.
The work details:
Base Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000 annual base salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience, level, skills, internal equity,
Earning Potential: Our compensation structure is designed to reward hard work and encourage you to reach your goals. For this position, we offer a base salary + revenue-based commission plan, based on annual revenue targets. Annual targets and commission structure will be discussed in detail, as the candidate progresses through the interview process.
Location: This position is based out of Blink HQ in Seattle WA. The position requires travel to meet clients and the team who are based out of our various studio locations. Remote work can be done in balance with in-person team meetings.
What you will be doing:
- Develop revenue growth strategies to close multi-year, CX, and EX long-term partnership deals.
- Overseeing all revenue-generating activities – net new sales, key account growth sales enablement, and marketing.
- Prospecting and open relationships with key clients.
- Driving operational excellence at every stage of the sales funnel/cycle.
- Being accountable for hitting all targets and team results, focusing on both long- and short-term strategies; taking responsibility for accurate forecasting, and meeting/exceeding agreed-upon revenue, and gross margin targets.
- Monitoring the sales pipeline and adjusting strategies as necessary based on the market conditions to hit targets.
- Working openly and collaboratively with the rest of the C-team to ensure the overall success of the business.
- Driving marketing and sales enablement and setting clear priorities that support hitting targets and long-term revenue growth.
What we are looking for:
- Previous global market expansion experience.
- Experience in building out sales marketing playbooks.
- Successful sales experience role.
- Experience scaling and managing all aspects of the sales and marketing functions.
- Experience selling services, specifically within the design and/or user-centered design space, and experience with the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Excellent leadership skills energized about coaching and career development of your team.
- Ability to land sales within new customer accounts utilizing best practices in sales methodology.
- Partnership mindset: Excited to create long-term partnerships with our clients to help them create a roadmap for the future of their products and/or services.
- Collaborative mindset: Ready to work alongside our team, comfortable receiving and delivering feedback.
- Action-oriented: Driven to identify and seize new opportunities, positive problem-solving attitude when challenges arise, the ability to find the root cause of issues and develop solutions to move forward.
- Mastery of negotiations and contractual terms.
- Expert understanding of sales pipeline data and management.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you. Please include a cover letter that explains why you are well suited for the role - we read each and every one to ensure we don’t overlook any qualified individual.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Meta, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
Our Pay Philosophy:
Blink practices salary transparency; each role is assigned a clear salary band. Our recruiters share the established band at the start of the interview process. Thus, while the above salary range represents the expected salary for this position, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Blink offers a variety of benefits to allow our employees to be mentally, physically, and financially supported. Our benefits include:
Time off: Paid holidays, paid floating holidays, and paid time off allows employees to recharge outside work. We also offer a three-month sabbatical after five years of employment.
Healthcare coverage: We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid parental leave, a Health Savings Account (HSA), a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Dependent Care FSA, and short-term and long-term disability coverage.
Financial benefits: Employees can access a 401(K) for retirement investing, an equitable, company-wide profit-sharing plan, and a professional development fund for growth and development.
Flexibility: A flexible work policy allows employees to work from our studios or home.
Technology: All employees receive a desk kit for work, including a Macbook. We have listed above a high-level overview of our benefits; please connect with your recruiter at any time during the hiring process to get in-depth information on Blink benefits.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.