POSITION DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Director of Revenue Operations will be responsible for revenue assurance and revenue management; and internal controls over the accuracy and completeness of customer invoicing over the company’s various revenue streams. This position will lead a revenue team to execute operational transactions and continuous improvement over the company’s mission to approach 24 hour turn around for invoicing of customer transactions. The position will be responsible for the completeness and cut-cut off of transactions for accounting period close of the company. This position will lead when working with external auditor as part of the annual audit process. This position will be responsible for understanding and establishing processes and controls for revenue recognition in compliance with US GAAP specifically ASC 606.Essential Functions
- Develops and implements processes and controls meant to ensure that revenue capture is accurate and maximized across multiple billing systems including customer portal billing process.
- Maintain and update LES customer invoicing processes and implement continuous improvement over the timely execution of customer invoicing.
- Monitor branch order execution process and streamline activities for timely customer invoicing.
- Own the quality control of the customer set up process including pricing, customer classification, equipment setup and information to support the company’s credit and collection process.
- Manage and mentor a team of revenue professionals that identify ways to prevent revenue leakage or loss, reduce costs associated with business operations and revenue capture.
- Ensure revenue recognition in accordance with the LES’s policy and revenue recognition accounting standard ASC 606.
- Interact daily with Legal, Sales Ops, FP&A, Sales, Pricing and Product business partners on deal structuring, deal approvals, go to Market strategies, contract negotiations.
- Address revenue transaction inquiries from the business and provide guidance towards resolution of billing discrepancies.
- Identify, implement, and execute on internal controls and process improvements associated with customer invoicing.
- Review contract review summaries for complex transactions (for internal and audit purposes)
- Lead financial audits for revenue, supporting documentation, and communication with external auditors
- Provide training to other functional areas
- Collaborate with the FP&A group on revenue forecasting
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong skill set with invoicing in a high volume transaction business
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement within revenue transaction invoicing
- Extensive experience with portal billing applications
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead with all levels of management
- Must have demonstrated presentation skills and able to easily present financial data in a clear and concise manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree(s) in Management, Finance, or Accounting
- 10+ years of experience in high volume invoicing processing functions
- 5+ years of prior management experience in transaction involving process function
- ERP experience is required
- There are no special physical requirements for this position.
- General office conditions
- Some light lifting and bending
- Periods of sitting
- Occasional travel (approximately 10%)
This job description in no way states of implies these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in the position. Employees will be required to follow any other legal or ethical job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Liquid Environmental Solutions has an “at will” relationship with team members.