$159,338 - $199,173 a year
Senior Director – Utility Sales
Little Rock, AR, USA
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Director of Utility Sales directs the coordination of Utility Sales Department activities, which includes Sales, Warehousing, Purchasing, and Logistics, ensuring work is performed ethically, efficiently, and exceeds customer expectations. Lead the Utility Sales Department in executing the mission of AECI to be reliable, affordable, and responsible. Cast’s vision and rallies the sales team to achieve goals, improve financial performance, and increase market share while managing costs of operations. Direct and manage business development in assigned Utility Sales territories, both directly and through staff. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relations, marketing AECI’s value, and establishing competitive differentiation within the market
- Direct the activity of the Utility Sales Department working with and through functional managers to provide access of affordably priced utility products to AECI’s members and customers throughout Arkansas and surrounding states.
- Manage the financial performance of Utility Sales. This includes preparing capital and O&M budgets, monitoring financial performance throughout the year, and taking necessary actions to meet or exceed stated goals.
- Contact customers on a routine basis to build relationships and understand their expectations, issues, needs, and feedback concerning AECI performance. Take action, as necessary, to correct identified issues with quality or service.
- Ensure adequate material inventory to support AECI members and customers during storm events.
- Oversee the process, development, and final preparation of bids and quotations for AECI customer base, including bids for Vendor-Managed Inventory.
- Track market conditions and uses market data to better position AECI relative to competition.
- Direct the preparation of analyses and reports for regular evaluation of revenue, profit, and market share compared to monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for AECI leadership and appropriate Utility Sales team members.
- Leverage data analyses for the review sales growth vs. goals and budget, and to evaluate team, territory, and individual performance.
- Work with vendors and rep agencies to ensure adequate material supplies. Also, work with the Director – Procurement to negotiate pricing for materials.
- Represent AECI at all Electric Utility Distributor Association (EUDA) meetings. Maintains relationships with EUDA members to better support the needs of AECI.
- Work with Utility Sales staff, member cooperatives, and outside agencies to coordinate material supply during emergency situations.
- Evaluate all employees under his/her direction and make recommendations for salary adjustments.
- Work with Utility Sales staff and other departments to develop and implement job and safety training programs to include employee orientation, career development, and skills mastery.
- Promote and enforce environmental, safety, and health standards and compliance with local, state, and federal, regulations.
- Keep the division Vice President informed at all times of matters important to the Cooperative, particularly where member cooperatives are involved, and submits all policy decisions for advice and approval. Keeps the division Vice President informed of all department activities, progress and problems together with recommendations for action.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field, plus 10 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in sales, business development, or customer relations covering multiple states or territories.
- Pursuant to the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and Retirement Security Pension Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.