Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About The Role
The Vice President of Global Partnerships will set, lead, and execute the Cockroach Labs’ channel and ecosystem partnerships with a focus on incremental revenue creation. This strategic role will collaborate with various internal teams to build effective partnerships across the data infrastructure ecosystem, ensuring CockroachDB is well-positioned to scale our cloud partnership program properly. You will bring your deep expertise in identifying technical alignments in complex technical solutions sales motions and proven success in leading a global partner development function. This role will report directly to our President and Chief Revenue Officer.
- Drive a global go-to-market strategy and team for our channels and ecosystem partnerships, increasing revenue through customer acquisition and partnership development.
- Build partnerships across technology partner ecosystems, focusing on regional, national, and global opportunities, including leading partner engagement plans, training, and enablement.
- Recruit and lead a strong global partner development team with a demonstrated track record of identifying technical alignments and developing committed, loyal, and scalable partners.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with strategic Cloud Service Providers (CSPs), Global System Integrators (GSIs), Local Value Added Resellers (VARs), and their respective internal organizations.
- Work closely with the team leads for AWS, GCP, Azure, and Red Hat/IBM to build regional relationships that will grow the global partnerships.
- Leverage a deep understanding of CSPs marketplaces, including their internal GTM motions, incentives, and co-selling motions.
- Manage the partner ecosystem pipeline initiation by defining partner development strategy, policies, objectives and initiatives to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify, and develop key ecosystem partners with a key focus on building an incremental partner revenue stream through ‘sell with’ and partner-led initiatives.
- Work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, and other teams to set and execute partnership initiatives.
- Align with our Sales teams to close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings objectives.
- Set measurable goals and drive results in a data-driven manner, focusing on pipeline and new business opportunity generation from partner activities.
- Develop, manage, and report on partner funnel leveraging Salesforce and other company tools.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product and sales processes. We believe that it is important for you to build this foundation so you can successfully define our CPS, GSI, and VAR business strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have a strategy in place for revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in partner strategy and mapping. You will work with the President and CRO to set revenue objectives to reach goals. As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will expand your efforts with strategic partnerships and have a significant impact on the overall revenue growth of Cockroach Labs.
- 15+ years experience in technology sales
- 8+ years experience as a high-growth SaaS leader building and leading high-performing Channels & Alliances organizations
- Cloud/SaaS Delivery partner building and execution experience
- Strong industry relationships with various CSPs (Google, AWS, Azure, etc.), GSIs, and VARs.
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- Experience managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Experience with and comfort leveraging sales methodologies
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- A deep understanding of customer needs to design sales processes that solve for customers first
- The ability to motivate and align a team to a vision and manage effectively through change
- Experience hiring, training, and retaining high-performance talent at scale
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation Support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $192,000 to $264,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.