About Kirkland & Ellis
At Kirkland & Ellis, we are united in our ambition and drive to move forward. We share core values that help us achieve excellence: collaboration, talent empowerment, service, inclusion, respect and gratitude. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in the brightest talent and encourage a diversity of perspectives and strengths to create dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of their field. Our talented professionals show up every day knowing they will engage in meaningful work, continuous learning and professional development.
As one of the world’s leading law firms, we serve a broad range of clients with market-leading practices in private equity, M&A and other complex corporate transactions; investment fund formation and management; restructurings; high-stakes litigation and trials; and government, regulatory and internal investigations. We handle the most complicated and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring innovation and entrepreneurialism to every engagement and, as a result, have long-standing client relationships with leading global corporations and financial sponsors. With 6,500 employees (including 3,000+ lawyers) operating from 18 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia, we are one of the largest law firms in the world and a top financial performer.Essential Job Functions
The Revenue Operations Manager, Investment Funds will work with a Senior Partner within the Investment Funds Practice to ensure the quality and timeliness of all aspects related to successful matter administration. Specifically, this role is responsible for ensuring the smooth execution of invoice reviews and edits and timely execution of billing and collection processes. Critical to the role is coordination with the Senior Partner, their teams and assistants, the Billing Team, and the client. This position will interact with, and directly manage, key client relationships.
This is a new position within the firm and will serve as a template for future roles on this team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and improve this individual Partner’s operations while also acting as a leader in a broader firmwide initiative to support the Investment Funds practice. The candidate does not need prior Investment Funds experience; however must be eager to learn.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)Streamline Administration Related to Billing and Collection
- Provide necessary reporting and updates to keep Partner billing on-track. Review accounts receivables and unbilled time reporting to ensure timely billing and collection.
- Coordinate with Partners, Associates, and Staff to propose necessary edits to time-entries and narratives.
- After developing an understanding of investment funds business, including matter timelines and processes, assist in reviewing and highlighting issues that need Partner attention.
- Collaborate with the Billing team to update bills and issue invoices, as well as follow-up on aged accounts receivable.
Create Best Practices
- Act as point-of-contact between the client and the Firm to address or escalate client questions related to matter administration. This includes working with outside ebilling and data analytics firms contracted by the client.
- Review time for proper classifications between matters; suggest and make edits as appropriate.
- Track pricing and discounts on all matters and ensure they are correctly applied to invoices.
- Ensure matters are properly setup with correct payees, addresses etc; confirm that updates or changes are properly communicated.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Develop strong working relationships across Investment Funds Group, getting to know attorneys, staff, processes, and matters.
- Identify opportunities to implement enhanced technology, as appropriate.
- Develop processes to quickly highlight and address issues; create processes and corresponding documentation that could be replicated across the Investment Funds Group.
- Partner with the Revenue Team leadership to improve overall processes and service delivery.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of managing people and/or complex processes.
- Paralegal Certification highly preferred.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills in order to clearly and concisely summarize observations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key stakeholders on billing process and technology.
- Excellent project management skills; manage multiple partners and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Desire to provide the highest level of service.
- Ability to lead and work effectively on a team and other stakeholders, both within and outside of the Firm, is required.
- Understanding of law firm administration and billing processes is a plus
How To Apply
- MS Office with emphasis on advanced Excel skills
- Experience with legal billing software (3E, Aderant, Bill Stream) and time entry software (Carpe Diem, Intapp Time), a plus
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
For applicants who are based in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: http://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/pages/JOBID7006Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Closing Statement
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.