Acquia empowers the world's most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The Revenue Operations Analyst will be a member of the Revenue Operations team in support of Acquia's continued growth. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages fact-based analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Acquia's business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Acquia's history.
In this role, you will forecast and analyze quarterly business results, perform complex ad hoc analysis, and identify performance opportunities across both Sales and Marketing disciplines. This person will work with reports and reporting tools that transform large amounts of data into actionable information. Examples of possible analysis workload include: lead lifecycle analysis and funnel metrics, performance variance analysis, forecast accuracy analysis, sales pipeline analysis, and identifying leading indicators of territory performance.
- Assist with quarterly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Identify business trends and quarterly variances
- Prepare management reports
- Conduct ad hoc analytical studies in support of operational improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain models and reports to clearly communicate actual results and forecast performance
- Complete quarterly variance analysis and identify key business drivers
- Create tools to facilitate the analysis of transactional data
- Bachelors in Marketing, Finance and/or Accounting or related discipline or 2-4 years' experience in Marketing Operations, Sales Operations or Financial Analysis
- Proven capability in financial modeling
- Experience with modeling and budgeting
- Very strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and the able to interact with various levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills and capable of interpreting/manipulating data
- Salesforce and Domo experience a plus
- Understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present the results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact NAfirstname.lastname@example.org as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.